Good Morning

BR46

Good morning everyone 

Wo46 and I went for a little run this morning before work. ....Oh wait I don't have to go to work today but Wo46 has to. 

I bet you misfits could come up with a list of things to do today for me. 

• Heart 3

'Mornin. Walked the dog, made lunch, made the bed and headed out the door. Commute was fairly quiet, minimal obscenities were required. Parking lot was almost empty. No hawks guarding the stairs :(.

Gonna put in my required time and then head up to "that place". (Can't say "c-a-m-p" 'cause I think Gus reads the forum).

• Heart 3

8 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

No hawks guarding the stairs 

I spent way more time than I planned last night looking for a picture of vultures guarding a bridge on the towpath that I took in 2007. I thought I could find it because I knew the year and the month but no luck. I probably have it on a CD somewhere. Anyhow these vultures were lined up on the handrails on both sides of the bridge I had to cross facing each other. There was a photographer taking pictures of them. I asked the photographer if he was done taking pictures because I needed to cross the bridge. He said he was done and wished me luck. Those stinking birds never budged and I rode between them within pecking distance on both sides.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, smudge said:

I wanna be retired too. :(

I'm doing more playing it safe this summer as I realize that one little mistake on one of my bikes could end my long awaited vacation. My shoulder will never be right again and it could have been my neck or back. I have found out the hard way that old bodies don't fare as well in a crash as they did when young. I was never one to play it safe but there comes a time when it makes sense.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

Good morning everyone 

Wo46 and I went for a little run this morning before work. ....Oh wait I don't have to go to work today but Wo46 has to. 

I bet you misfits could come up with a list of things to do today for me. 

Zackny's lawn is getting a bit shaggy:

Image result for lawn maintenance fails

On your way back, mine could use a trim:

Image result for perfect lawns

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I spent way more time than I planned last night looking for a picture of vultures guarding a bridge.

Kind of how I used to feel when running the gauntlet of "Murder Chickens" (Canada Geese) on my commute to my other job.

I've seen turkey vultures circling overhead when on a particularly nasty climb on the MTB, on a hot day....and looked up and said "I'm not dead yet.....I'm thinking of going for a walk.....I feel happy......"

My BIL was out cutting firewood, once and the tree he dropped hung up. He cut it again, it dropped a little more, and hung up again. After the third time, he said he started getting angry and stupid....until he looked up and saw turkey vultures overhead. "Hmmm....maybe I'll just leave this one...."?

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I'm doing more playing it safe this summer as I realize that one little mistake on one of my bikes could end my long awaited vacation. My shoulder will never be right again and it could have been my neck or back. I have found out the hard way that old bodies don't fare as well in a crash as they did when young. I was never one to play it safe but there comes a time when it makes sense.

I feel your pain. I've been limping for a month because of an over enthusiastic dive into a swimming pool.

The risk / reward ratio has shifted...a lot 

• Heart 1