July 21 miles & such

Parsnip Totin Jack

Another morning ride. Roll out at 5:30. Daniel, Mike, Squirelly Pete and I.  27 miles, 1:28, 18.3 avg, 789 feet climbed. We rode back roads thru Reston, Bird Foot to Stuart Mill, past Sasha's house, who can't ride with us anymore because of two-year old twins and a newborn. Hopefully he'll get back on his bike and join us soon. Iced coffee at the caffe, shower, change, pack lunch and at my desk by 8:00. What you got today?

• Heart 3

19 mile tandem ride to supper with 2 other couples from Ohio  at the HOOTS Shipshewana Tandem Weekend.  Ate way too much at the family style meal.  Excellent food and pie.  Then back in Shipshewana for a nice visit and getting to know a couple from Wisconsin.

!3 mph with WoD_P   Took it easy so we didn't hurt her bad knee.

• Heart 3

WoD_P's knee did very well so we are hoping that the storms get out of here early so we can get a nice ride in tomorrow.  Goal is to do about 27 mile round trip tomorrow.  If we can start at the 8am scheduled time we should be able to do it.  We will be leaving the Jeep at the half way point in case the knee bothers her or weather is bad.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Who is Squirley Pete?  is he single??  I gotta see a pic of this guy....  It is the name...that is all

Squirelly Pete is in his 20's. Married with kids, one is due in September. He is full of testosterone and is always go go go. 

He got the Squirelly nickname from his tendency to be all over the place, pass on the right, ride too close, half wheel, contest every hill and sprint. He's improved but still sketchy to ride with. At one point I told him, g-dammit don't pass on my right. He's a wreck waiting to happen.

4 hours ago, Old#7 said:

He got the Squirelly nickname from his tendency to be all over the place, pass on the right, ride too close, half wheel, contest every hill and sprint. He's improved but still sketchy to ride with. At one point I told him, g-dammit don't pass on my right. He's a wreck waiting to happen.

OKAY...train wreck...I have ripped in to more than one person who has passed me on a ride..one for sure a seasoned cyclist...the other on the MS150...don't know his skill level...but he sure got an ear full when he passed on my right!!

Tell Squirelly Peat...he better clean up his act if he wants to live to see his kids become adults!!

• Heart 1