Snakes on a plane

Parsnip Totin Jack

It's 4:30 am at Dulles airport. The flight to Denver boards at 5:18. The gate area is filling up pretty quickly. I'm surprised by the number of people who appear to be sleeping on the benches. On the walk thru the terminal I saw at least a dozen in various positions. That doesn't look comfortable.  One lady at the gate has a two-foot high pile of dreads on top of her head. She looks about 50. She might be in her 40's but they were a rough 40. The dreads are not a good look on her. If you watch Game of Thrones, picture Cersei Lannister with dreads. The flight is full with at least six people on standby. Watch for me on the news.

• Heart 1

New plane, new gate, new departure time. One hour delay. Not too bad.

surreal moment. I go to take a dump and while I'm sitting there, two people come in. One occupies the stall next to me. They two are talking to each other and sound like girls. Yep, two girls. Damn did I go in the wrong bathrooms? Wait till they leave and confirm I was in the correct bathroom. How do two girls not see the urinals. Whatever.

• Heart 3

5 hours ago, Old#7 said:

New plane, new gate, new departure time. One hour delay. Not too bad.

surreal moment. I go to take a dump and while I'm sitting there, two people come in. One occupies the stall next to me. They two are talking to each other and sound like girls. Yep, two girls. Damn did I go in the wrong bathrooms? Wait till they leave and confirm I was in the correct bathroom. How do two girls not see the urinals. Whatever.

Maybe they are transgender or identify as males. 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Maybe they are transgender or identify as males. 

I don't judge 

9 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Or more likely, there was a line at the wimmins and they just didn;t GAS.  Or did they? :D

No lines that early in the morning. I was the only one in there until those chicks showed up.

Why are you going to Denver?  How long?  Where stay?

While you are there, I think you should marvel at the fact that while the thermometer reads about as much as on the crap coast, you won't feel like you need another shower to clean the sweat you normally get from drying off from your shower back east.  Also marvel at the fact that the temperature will actually drop at night to a very comfortable level, and at all times, your calibrated temperature will feel 10 - 15 degrees lower than the east coast feel.  Oh yeah, go out and just try to get a mosquito bite, or even find a mosquito while you are at it.

Of course, you know all this already, I am just griping.

• Heart 3

31 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Why are you going to Denver?  How long?  Where stay?

While you are there, I think you should marvel at the fact that while the thermometer reads about as much as on the crap coast, you won't feel like you need another shower to clean the sweat you normally get from drying off from your shower back east.  Also marvel at the fact that the temperature will actually drop at night to a very comfortable level, and at all times, your calibrated temperature will feel 10 - 15 degrees lower than the east coast feel.  Oh yeah, go out and just try to get a mosquito bite, or even find a mosquito while you are at it.

Of course, you know all this already, I am just griping.

Are you aiming to go back there?  Or staying on the East Coast to find another chick?  Aren't Colorado chicks better? :)

15 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Are you aiming to go back there?  Or staying on the East Coast to find another chick?  Aren't Colorado chicks better? :)

I don't know wth I am doing.  Colorado chicks are neither fine nor plentiful, they are better and more numerous out here.  For day-to-day living, Colorado wins.  For the extremes of everything, NYC wins.  RO is here, so she wins.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I don't know wth I am doing.  Colorado chicks are neither fine nor plentiful, they are better and more numerous out here.  For day-to-day living, Colorado wins.  For the extremes of everything, NYC wins.  RO is here, so she wins.

Northwestern NJ is a little Colorado-like. :)

Appalachian+Ridge+and+Valley.jpg

Here is where I live:

img24.png