RoadID, got one?

Square Wheels

Last time I renewed my driver's license, I got an extra ID card. I keep it in the seat bag usually wrapped with about $20. I wrote Wo2's phone number on the back. 

On my iPhone, I enabled the emergency contacts from the locked screen. I have Wo2, Poot and Do2 identified as ICE contacts  

• Heart 1

I usually wear my road ID on rides and sometimes on runs and kayaking. The driver's license is nice if I have my wallet and the first person to find me doesn't steal it. There is also an ID inside my helmet but the only ones that would think to look there are the people from GOBA.

16 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I have an old Velcro one.  I sometimes forget to wear it.

I just ordered a new one that goes on my Garmin watch.  I like this idear.

Road ID for Garmin Forerunner 630 and 735xt Black Edition

But... you aren't James Johnson and you don't live in LA.  Those probably aren't your phone numbers either.  If I found you, I would give up.  ..and steal your Garmin. :P

• Heart 4

On 7/22/2017 at 3:25 PM, Square Wheels said:

From the little I've read first responders (@KrAzY?) won't do a lot of searching to see who you are.

My wife and I stalk each other a lot with Life360, but it would also be nice to know if she got in an accident.

This is true... When I was a first responder, we never played the gave of "Figure out who they are". We always treated a person as well as we could and then transported.. never cared for looking at someones ID... that was the cops job to figure out what they could on ID'ing someone. 

Honestly if I were you... I would wear it as a Dog Tag around your neck. Thats where the Medics and such look... Either you need CPR/AED, and we are going to rip off your shirt to get a line going, and to hook up the machines. 

If you are a beautiful woman and are well off on the upper boobages... we will do that also if it is needed or not:)

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

This is true... When I was a first responder, we never played the gave of "Figure out who they are". We always treated a person as well as we could and then transported.. never cared for looking at someones ID... that was the cops job to figure out what they could on ID'ing someone. 

Honestly if I were you... I would wear it as a Dog Tag around your neck. Thats where the Medics and such look... Either you need CPR/AED, and we are going to rip off your shirt to get a line going, and to hook up the machines. 

If you are a beautiful woman and are well off on the upper boobages... we will do that also if it is needed or not:)

Oh sure. Wear a metal necklace while fat biking. Next thing you know HoSmudge will be posting here telling you how I somehow strangled myself to death.... :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smudge said:

Oh sure. Wear a metal necklace while fat biking. Next thing you know HoSmudge will be posting here telling you how I somehow strangled myself to death.... :angry:

Way, way, back a bunch of us were backpacking in the White Mountains. I think it was early May, got cold at night, and there was a lot of snow on the ground. They have log lean too shelters that we were using.

We were young and cool, all had some neat piece of gear we were flaunting, I think I had a funky hat. My buddy Dave was sporting a neckerchief. looped around his neck in the finest cowboy fashion.

So we're crammed in this shelter, shoulder to shoulder, Dave starts kicking me through the sleeping bags.

"Help, I can't breathe" 

"Huh"

"Cut me loose"

"WTF"

The neckerchief had gotten tangled with the draw strings on his sleeping bag and was chocking him. He had two fingers crammed on either side of his windpipe to breath at all.

So I fumbled around in the dark, found a flashlight and a knife, and cut him free.

Guys on either side of us never stirred. As tired as we were it's a miracle I didn't cut his throat. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

We wear them after an operational dive for 24 hours.  You can get them with a 'breakaway' to avoid being strangled.

• Heart 1

On 7/23/2017 at 5:33 PM, smudge said:

Will do, but least they will know who you were :)

• Sad 1