I am a little miffed and a little undecided on it...

Wilbur

I am all for physical education when it comes to youth.  The gym I go to though, started a free program for high school aged kids from 8am to 8pm daily.  They require no supervision and offer none unless the little brats parents pay for a PT.  God forbid the parents actually show up to supervise. So, it has become a drop off centre for the summer and those of us who actually pay for the place and go there to train have to wait for gawky, spastic, prepubescent idiots to make way or get the f@#* out of it.  

I am becoming the grumpy old gym rat that barks at them when they get in the way now. :)  

Don't they have video games to play, tv to watch and potato chips to eat?  

• Heart 3

Curmudgeon!

You obviously don't have an altruistic bone in your body.  :rolleyes:  You think that just because you pay for the use of the gym that others shouldn't be allowed to use if for free no cost?  You think that mere lucre gives you more rights and privileges at the gym than children who need to get away from their iPhones to improve their health with exercise?  Don't children have the right to be healthy?  Shouldn't everyone in society welcome any chance to make our children healthy, strong, and improve their lives?

Just because you earned the privilege of using the gym by paying for it doesn't mean you have to get all bent out of shape because you're subsidizing the use of the gym by others who did nothing to gain use of the gym and get to use it at no cost or no effort on their part.  I mean, what possible argument could one make against a program so clearly aimed at improving the health of children - unless, of course, you're the kind of person who simply hates children and haters giving them a chance to learn how to make better life choices about being healthy...

You're probably one of those people who grumbles about paying your fair share of taxes, too!

:whistle:

;)

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Fight back with the only weapons you have.   Shorts that are too small and tootoo tight.  crop top tanks.  knee high socks.

Old man moose knuckle!!!!!

I already do that!  

So I am pushing the sled back and forth.  It had 360 lbs of weight on it and some puke comes up and says "I wanna try!"  I looked at him, said, no problem, wait your turn.  "When is my turn?"  When I am done.  Then he jumps in front of me and tries to push it and can't budge it. :)   Like I said kid, when I am done. Now get the f!%* out of the way.  The millennials are a disaster.  I can't wait for these spoiled asshats to come of age.  

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

I already do that!  

So I am pushing the sled back and forth.  It had 360 lbs of weight on it and some puke comes up and says "I wanna try!"  I looked at him, said, no problem, wait your turn.  "When is my turn?"  When I am done.  Then he jumps in front of me and tries to push it and can't budge it. :)   Like I said kid, when I am done. Now get the f!%* out of the way.  The millennials are a disaster.  I can't wait for these spoiled asshats to come of age.  

I can.  They are the future.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I already do that!  

WTF??!! Is this kid 4??!! OMG, Mommy needs to go away and let that pissant grow up! Holy crap, I'd have shown Jr where the bear shit in the buckwheat! 

Obviously they need you to kick their asses toward maturity. Have at it, man!

P.S. 360 pounds on the sled. MAN size! 

• Heart 2

It wouldn't be so annoying if they had a specified day or even a couple hours a day, at least you'd know when to avoid the gym if you didn't like it.  But making it all day every day is annoying.  Now get off my lawn.

• Heart 2

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

It wouldn't be so annoying if they had a specified day or even a couple hours a day, at least you'd know when to avoid the gym if you didn't like it.  But making it all day every day is annoying.  Now get off my lawn.

Exactly!  I suggested to management they offer it twice per day for 90 minutes on off peak hours.  They aren't paying after all.. 

• Heart 1

I think the summer would be the perfect time to turn the rug rats loose at the gym.  But then again I don't go to the gym in the summer.  Between OWS, kayaking, fishing, cycling, and running I don't have time for the gym in summer. Yes I'm retired but I still run out of time.

40 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I think the summer would be the perfect time to turn the rug rats loose at the gym.  But then again I don't go to the gym in the summer.  Between OWS, kayaking, fishing, cycling, and running I don't have time for the gym in summer. Yes I'm retired but I still run out of time.

I was thinking today watching two young boys jogging on a treadmill... We used to do that outside but normally associated with a game or sport.  Dang kids don't know how to live. :)  

• Heart 4

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was thinking today watching two young boys jogging on a treadmill... We used to do that outside but normally associated with a game or sport.  Dang kids don't know how to live. :)  

My parents never took us to anything.  We went and played ball with other kids we knew.  We rode bikes everywhere without supervision.  The only rule was be home at suppertime.  If we finished our homework or had none, we could go back out after supper and play until 9 or so.  :)

My parents would be charged with child neglect in today's world.  :(

• Heart 4

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Awww, poor LJ is retired and STILL doesn't have enough time to play. Boo hoo hoo... :P

• Heart 4

12 hours ago, Road Runner said:

My parents never took us to anything.  We went and played ball with other kids we knew.  We rode bikes everywhere without supervision.  The only rule was be home at suppertime.  If we finished our homework or had none, we could go back out after supper and play until 9 or so.  :)

My parents would be charged with child neglect in today's world.  :(

During the summer my mom would pack us a lunch, throw us and our surfboards in the van and drop us off at the beach.  She said OK meet me back here at 4 PM.  Neither of us had watches so we would have to ask the lifeguards for the time.

We were about 8 and 12 at the time.... I don't think that would fly today with CPS either.

Lunch was optional when I was a kid. I'd grab my fishing pole, tackle box, bathing suit and towel after breakfast and hop on my bike. My mom said if you come home for lunch I'll feed you. Otherwise I'll expect you home by five for supper. I only came home for lunch if it was raining.

• Heart 1

Maybe they've taken a cue from the tobacco industry: give kids access to the product, and when they're hooked, they'll be a consumer for life. 

We take #2 son to Planet Fitness three times a week even though we have a nicely equipped home gym with free weights from 5 to 50 pounds. He would rather go somewhere to work out, and he prefers the machines to free weights and calisthenics. I see a number of high school students there, but they have good equipment etiquette. 

Maybe ask managers to give the kids a brief orientation about staying out of other people's way while they're working and collecting a nominal fee. Like $10 for the month. 

• Heart 1