Walking update

petitepedal

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I seem to be doing more walking than biking...and I guess that is okay...Tonight my friend Trude and her dog Blissa did 2 more rounds at Como Lake...damn we were at the end of the community concert...and what little we heard..was great. 3.25 miles and our pace was 16.39...we have have cut over a minute per mile... I like doing the lake because we don't lose time when we heel at EVERY intersection :wacko: Add my busy work day and 2 laps of the block at work...and a quick shopping stop after work..I am at 18,000 steps for the day!!  If the weather improves..like cooler and less humidity...maybe I will get on the bike :nodhead:

I'm walking 2-2.6 miles most days and with no hip pain and usually no Achilles tendon pain afterward - just a hint of it about once/week and it's gone within hours. I went through years of sore Achilles tendons (one operated on in 1989) after every long walk/run until I started riding a bike semi-regularly in 2011. It let me slowly strengthen them without putting a lot of impact stress on them.

I like your walking pace! I've just got back to 20 min/mile in 90F+ highly humid conditions for 2 to 2.6 miles, though I expect it will be faster when I lose the sling. I've been told I won't need it anymore beginning Thursday, when I start physical therapy for my repaired rotator cuff and bicepts tendon, but they may want me to keep using it for long walks.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1