I don't want to be Debbie Downer...but the days are getting shorter

petitepedal

53 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

You fall cheerleaders are as bad as those freaks who count down the months/weeks/days until Christmas. Humbug. Embrace the present mothereffers 

The time it took you to post that brought us 15 seconds closer to fall!!!  :skipping:

• Heart 2

I noticed they were getting longer and longer all of 2017 until around the time I had my rotator cuff operation on June 22nd.

Since then they've been getting shorter.

I thought it had something to do with the medications I've been taking.

Apparently plane flights have an effect on the length of the day, too. I've been told to expect lots more daylight after I fly to Miami to begin a Caribbean cruise in a few weeks.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Actually, at this time of the year, the days are shorter in Miami than in Baltimore.  

That surprised me - I forgot that a Sun higher in the sky at noon doesn't mean longer in the sky all day - all those "Land of the Midnight Sun" places are near the Arctic or Antarctic Circles!  Today Miami has sun from 6:44 am to 8:09 pm and Baltimore from 6:01 to 8:23.

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

That surprised me - I forgot that a Sun higher in the sky at noon doesn't mean longer in the sky all day - all those "Land of the Midnight Sun" places are near the Arctic or Antarctic Circles!  Today Miami has sun from 6:44 am to 8:09 pm and Baltimore from 6:01 to 8:23.

Yep, we use to compare the day length in Montana with a relative in Miami, and they were often surprised by the difference.