And so it continues....

Zephyr

Picked up a new tire and tube yesterday to fix the flat during my lunch break, and got another one on the way home (piece of glass)

Fixed it last night, got ANOTHER one this morning right in front of the office.  That makes 3 flats in two days, 4 in a week.

I am still blaming @Kzoo for his "Mondays are super wonderful" thread

5 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Picked up a new tire and tube yesterday to fix the flat during my lunch break, and got another one on the way home (piece of glass)

Fixed it last night, got ANOTHER one this morning right in front of the office.  That makes 3 flats in two days, 4 in a week.

Hey, they always happen in threes.  You're good to go now.

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

p.s.  We don't normally replace the whole tire because of a flat.......

At least it happened in front of the office.  I saw a pic on FB this morning from a friend who had his right shift lever come apart in his hand 15 miles out.  He made it home Ok AND he never blamed me!  - This is a guy who swam across Lake MI, ran across the country, solo cycled across the country a few times and just finished climbing Mt Kilimanjaro for the 2nd time.  15 miles in high gear was doable. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Sounds fair.

The tire was getting worn, I had already planned on replacing it, and the flat yesterday morning was a 1 inch box staple, so I figured I'd swap the tire while I had it off the bike.

The worst part with today was it was right in front of the office so WoZeph didn't need to come and 'grab me' :(

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

The tire was getting worn, I had already planned on replacing it, and the flat yesterday morning was a 1 inch box staple, so I figured I'd swap the tire while I had it off the bike.

The worst part with today was it was right in front of the office so WoZeph didn't need to come and 'grab me' :(

So yesterday was a 1" box staple and today it was a piece of glass the size of the Titanic and it's my fault.  And the worse part of this is that the resident gimp agrees with you - RR or Jsharr, I would understand.

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

I've had to make the call of shame twice. First time I ran over a piece of banding steel. It sliced across the tire all the way to the rim. The second time I broke a spoke. They were those cool looking Shimano 540 wheels and one broken spoke is a bad thing.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-C36h8COWhcs/UKUJYLd7qdI/AAAAAAAAGjg/XFhPzI4EKQw/s1600/DSCN0199.JPG

• Heart 1