My Teeth Hurt....

ChrisL

Sitting in my cube and I realize my teeth are hurting.  I then realize I'm clenching them like a muthah... I probably have been clenching them since I woke up this morning knowing i had a blood draw scheduled.  

It's long over, I survived... I think I'll relax now...

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Sitting in my cube and I realize my teeth are hurting.  I then realize I'm clenching them like a muthah... I probably have been clenching them since I woke up this morning knowing i had a blood draw scheduled.  

It's long over, I survived... I think I'll relax now...

That was my yesterday.  Now I am just waiting to hear if I have Hep B, C or HIV..

Diabetes management.... not worried about the others.  I know It's getting worse too.  My diet hasn't changed, weight stable and excersize the same but my bodies ability to process carbs has changed.  I'm having a really hard time managing my BG to the point I'd need to live a nearly carb free diet and work out like crazy to stay within goal.   I know a change in meds is needed.  I've been on Metformin alone for about 8 years now.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

It might help if you could 'reduce' your stress level and worry less about your MIL and folks eating doughnuts, etc. I am being serious, but some things happen with diabetes and age that are hard to control.

I thought the change in jobs would make a difference but it didn't really.  I'm sleeping well, no angina and I actually enjoy the travel.  I am under far less stress than before.

My MIL does piss me off, no denying that and as she's in my face a month each year and tries to piss  me off so I do my best with her.  Venting here helps. The donut lady was more of an oddity that I shared in the moment and really didnt add any stress to my life. She can kill herself on sweets for all I care... 

I saw it shortly before my last labs in that my BG just jumped 70 to 80 points and hovered in the low 200 range fasting regardless what I ate or how active I was. It didn't show on my A1C though...  I still have 2 months of metformin left but scheduled my labs early as I know it's not good to continue like this.

I think we all go through stages, even when on insulin, that it seems any carbohydrate in our diet increases the BGL.  Hope yours responds to the medication you are already taking.  I am still on Victoza and long acting insulin daily, and short acting insulin when needed.  However, my doses are quite small compared to others I know.  I only take 10 units of long acting and never more than 3 units of fast acting insulin at a time.  How often do you test each day, and do you test before you go to bed?  I try and test 4-times a day, otherwise I do not know what is happening and more importantly, why? Unlike you, I have no family history of diabetes, but I have been working with it since autumn 1999.

• Heart 1

If you knew Gramma on the LF...I think she went to a insulin pump...another rider I know also has one...Unfortunately I know of 2 people who died with diabetes issues...On the bright side...had a resident with (per the emts) "way low blood sugar"  age 94 on the floor looked like mini seizures...they gave him an IV about 430 pm..transported...and he returned home about 9:30 last night...94 been on insulin for about 70 years...has his eyesight and all his limbs... Sharp as a tack...and per his daughter..his words "I will go to Geezer coffee on Wednesday" :D

Everyone is different...I hope you and your doctors can manage this disease and keep your life active and happy!!

• Heart 2

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

That was my yesterday.  Now I am just waiting to hear if I have Hep B, C or HIV..

Does Canada pay for the treatment for Hep C?  That would be the one they would tell you that you have if you were in the states.  They have a cure, insert credit card now $10,000. In India same treatment maybe $800.

36 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

If you knew Gramma on the LF...I think she went to a insulin pump...another rider I know also has one...Unfortunately I know of 2 people who died with diabetes issues...On the bright side...had a resident with (per the emts) "way low blood sugar"  age 94 on the floor looked like mini seizures...they gave him an IV about 430 pm..transported...and he returned home about 9:30 last night...94 been on insulin for about 70 years...has his eyesight and all his limbs... Sharp as a tack...and per his daughter..his words "I will go to Geezer coffee on Wednesday" :D

Everyone is different...I hope you and your doctors can manage this disease and keep your life active and happy!!

My mom lived with it with very few complications for over 40 years.  She was on insulin for at least 20 of them.  I have 2 siblings currently on insulin and my brother who passed of cancer was also on insulin.  We seem to cope with the disease relatively well as nobody has had serious complications with it.  

Thanks for the vibes, we'll see what happens on Friday when I go in. 

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

I think we all go through stages, even when on insulin, that it seems any carbohydrate in our diet increases the BGL.  Hope yours responds to the medication you are already taking.  I am still on Victoza and long acting insulin daily, and short acting insulin when needed.  However, my doses are quite small compared to others I know.  I only take 10 units of long acting and never more than 3 units of fast acting insulin at a time.  How often do you test each day, and do you test before you go to bed?  I try and test 4-times a day, otherwise I do not know what is happening and more importantly, why? Unlike you, I have no family history of diabetes, but I have been working with it since autumn 1999.

I've been on metformin only for close to 10 years now.  I was diagnosed prediabetic in my 30's, I'm 51 now.  Last year about this time my A1C went up to 9 so my Dr. gave me 90 days to turn it around with diet.  I was able to get my numbers back down but about 2 weeks before my labs I saw my numbers creeping back up even though I was still really strict on my diet and have been up ever since.  My A1C went down to 7.5 so my Dr didn't ad any meds but he told me glymiperide (sp?) was the next step for me.  

I check once daily, fasting AM but I do check it mid day or in the evening when things seem wonky.  I pretty much know my body though and can see what certain foods will do to me or lack of activity.  I can always tell when an illness is coming on as my BG will jump 100 points overnight even before I feel sick.  When that happens I know it's coming and it generally hits me later that day.  My BG will stay up for several days and then start to come down dramatically even before I feel better so I know I'm turning the corner based on my numbers.  Except everything is up about 100 points right now, morning fasting was always around 140 and drops to around 100 mid day.  Now it's 240 dropping to 200 mid day.  When I would get sick it would go in the low 200's, now it's the low 300's...   

I still have about 2 months left on my RX's but I know this isn't right or good for me so scheduled my labs and a follow up earlier than normal. 

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Does Canada pay for the treatment for Hep C?  That would be the one they would tell you that you have if you were in the states.  They have a cure, insert credit card now $10,000. In India same treatment maybe $800.

The meds wouldn't be covered but the diagnosis would.