Need a little help

Road Runner

My printer is broke again.  I need to print out a couple pages of a letter I am writing to my insurance company.  Do any of the "printing services" outfits (Office Max, UPS, etc) do small jobs like printing out just four pages?  Seriously.  Anyone know?

Just now, jsharr said:

What is close to you, Mr. no social media footprint man?

Well, I was hoping maybe Office Max or UPS.  Fedex is fine, but getting there across town is a real hassle.  Office Max and UPS both advertise printing services, but they both seem oriented to business type jobs and not something minor like my measly 4 pages.

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

Well, I was hoping maybe Office Max or UPS.  Fedex is fine, but getting there across town is a real hassle.  Office Max and UPS both advertise printing services, but they both seem oriented to business type jobs and not something minor like my measly 4 pages.

https://www.officedepot.com/configurator/pod/#/product/copiesAndFlyers

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Hell, get creative.  Go the store and act like you want to buy a printer and want to do a test print.  Have your doc on a thumb drive.  Print the document the number of times you need and then tell them thank you and you want to think about it.

This!  My library also allows small batch printing.  

• Heart 3

Thanks for the help, especially Jsharr, who got me straight on the Office Max thingy.  I have always had my own printer and never used a printing service before.  I thought OM and others were only interested in commercial-type work.  They printed my masterpiece and only charged me $1.18, including tax, for 8 pages.  I just uploaded my document online and picked up the completed pages at my local OM.  As long as this service continues to be available, my days of owning my own printer and paying out the ass for dried out ink cartridges are over.

Thanks again to those who helped.  I am old and stupid.  :nodhead:

• Awesome 1

20 hours ago, Longjohn said:

AAA printed me a copy of my car registration for $11.00 today. That seemed a little steep for a member.  Maybe if I started going to their meetings they would give me a discount?

They have a two drink minimum but that includes free printing.

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Thanks for the help, especially Jsharr, who got me straight on the Office Max thingy.  I have always had my own printer and never used a printing service before.  I thought OM and others were only interested in commercial-type work.  They printed my masterpiece and only charged me $1.18, including tax, for 8 pages.  I just uploaded my document online and picked up the completed pages at my local OM.

Thanks again to those who helped.  I am old and stupid.  :nodhead:

And on top of being old and stupid you probably have PRI and dain bramage from falling off your bike so much.  Regardless, you are very welcome.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Yay!  I got to use the "thanks" like.  :hapydance:

I am easily entertained.  :)

the new icons are stupid.  How does a trophy = thanks?  And the use of a heart for a like trivializes the human concept of love.  Once the robots take over, this will be fixed.

1 minute ago, parodybot said:

the new icons are stupid.  How does a trophy = thanks?  And the use of a heart for a like trivializes the human concept of love.  Once the robots take over, this will be fixed.

Another thing I noticed for those of you who count and obsess over "likes".  The Like, HaHa and Thanks likes translate into real "likes".  That is, they are each counted as a single "like".  But the Sad and Confused likes are not counted as "likes", even though they are assigned from the same menu as the other likes.  So if you give someone a confused like, it isn't counted as an actual like.  Just in case you are interested. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Another thing I noticed for those of you who count and obsess over "likes".  The Like, HaHa and Thanks likes translate into real "likes".  That is, they are each counted as a single "like".  But the Sad and Confused likes are not counted as "likes", even though they are assigned from the same menu as the other likes.  So if you give someone a confused like, it isn't counted as an actual like.  Just in case you are interested. 

jsharr, that like whore, will not be happy about this because his drivel makes people sad for him and confused about him.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, parodybot said:

Suggest better ones.  Everyone complains, no one ever offers help or a solution.  You're almost as bad as @Randomguy.

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Yup

Reputation.png

• Heart 1