The call of shame

Further

I didn't make the call.

Had been working 10 hour days, in a hot (120+) environment.

Was commuting 12 miles each way.

So I'm a couple miles from home, hanging off the handlebars, taking a little break don't ya know.

Guy in a pickup stops and asks me if I'm OK. I tell him sure I'm good. He looks at me real concerned, asks where I'm headed. I tell him just up the road.

I honestly don't remember the details, but the guy dropped me and my bike off at my house. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

That must have been the same guy that was trying to take me to the hospital after I hit the three deer. He had a pickup and was determined to help. I refused to let him be the good Samaritan, I knew my wife was coming for me.

How were the deer?

3 minutes ago, Further said:

How were the deer?

I never even got a taste to find out, when I came to they were gone. Living where I do they either got up and ran away after I was out or someone came by and picked them up off the road and took them home before the meat went bad. When I came around I was the only one lying in the middle of the road.

• Heart 1

Fellow I know from North Carolina was cycling across northern Montana and had a flat. It was getting late and someone offered him a ride.  He refused, and then the mosquitoes that frequent the area around the Milk River came out with a vengeance.  He thought often during the next hour about the ride he refused.:whistle: Same fellow talked down a mad trucker, while holding nothing but his pump. He was a big guy, and told the trucker that he might have a problem explaining to his friends that he was bruised by a fellow wearing tight shorts and riding a bicycle.  The trucker shook his head and left.:)

• Heart 4