At the grocery store

Further

I seem to be at the grocery daily. I check the list and as long as there is not more than a gallon of liquid I take a basket.

I actually prefer one store over the other because they have a lot of baskets, conveniently placed by the door   :)

One of these days (daze) I'm gunna climb on a rascal cart and terrorize the store. Drive that sum bitch while doing a headstand on the seat (put down plastic first)   Get that sucker up on two wheels and ride it like I stole it.   Wipe out every sketchy looking display in the joint.  :lol:

Go to jail   :(  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

At Walmart or Wegmans Supermarkets I push a cart because it's a long walk to my car. Wegmans has a choice of mini carts and I like them.

At Aldi, I seldom buy more than will fit in my $8.99, "Costco Keep Cool Insulated Bag," which is about 2 feet x 2 feet by 9 inches wide and rated 12 gallons. I've kept frozen food in it in my car in 90 degree weather for 2 hours (100 degrees plus in the car) and it's stayed frozen and I once bought 4 hot cheesesteak subs to watch my nephew play football, got the game time wrong, and they sat in the bag for 2 hours before we were able to eat them on a cold November day: they were still hot.

So I usually carry my Costco bag into Aldi and some other stores when I know I'm buying just a little, or else I use a shopping cart with the Costco bag waiting in the car for the frozen and refrigerated items and things like cupcakes that can suffer in the heat.

597815e471cad_CostcoKeepCoolInsulatedBag.jpg.c3a30d2e240aeec48ba44abe2ab14872.jpg

7 hours ago, Further said:

Do you carry a hand basket, or push a cart ?

Or.......drive the rascal ?

Either a basket or a small trolley.

What's 'the rascal'? Don't tell me you guys drive some kind of golf cart round the supermarket.

• Heart 1

I usually just do the "touch up" shopping, so small cart it is.  Baskets are too limiting.  Often when I go commando I wish I hadn;t because that is even more limiting than the basket.

Our LGS doesn;t have the Junior Shopper carts.  Those are cute!

And thankfully the rascal drivers are few and far between, more likely to be elderly than just super overweight.

1 hour ago, Caretaker said:

What's 'the rascal'? Don't tell me you guys drive some kind of golf cart round the supermarket.

Pretty much a mini golf cart. Single seat with a basket to put your stuff in. They are for disabled people, but I think they are used by some folks who's only disability is laziness.  

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Caretaker said:

Yes.  It's for handicapped shoppers. The heavier riders on these have made them the butt of jokes.  Womaxx drove one a couple of times last year when she was having chemo and some asshat made a snide remark about her looking too healthy to drive one. 

I like the small carts if I can get then (not the shopper in training ones :P )..The LGS by work has the large and small carts...and 2 or 3 shopper in training carts...the Cub foods supermarket near me only has 1 size cart..probably 2 or 3 of the riders and baskets...although often the basket rack is empty...ran in for just 2 items the other day...no baskets...when the guy at check out asked if I found everything..I said "yes...but I would have found more if you had baskets out".....cos I only got the 2 necessary items.  Thank God this store doesn't have the shopper in training carts. :wacko:  It is the store where they let people bring their dogs....I have seen them there twice...no therapy or service dog halter.

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Yes.  It's for handicapped shoppers. The heavier riders on these have made them the butt of jokes.  Womaxx drove one a couple of times last year when she was having chemo and some asshat made a snide remark about her looking too healthy to drive one. 

EDoW used one at Target one of the afternoons when I was in AZ recently. Having never used one before, it took her a little bit to figure out the finer points of navigating the aisles with one. At 34 and outwardly healthy, she got a lot of snide looks. On the other hand, we did a "quick" trip to IKEA and I pushed her in a wheelchair. People would give her polite smiles and even do their best to get baby SUVs (multi-child strollers) out of her/our way. 

If it's just a couple things, I will even bypass the basket. The small cart is usually enough if it's just me going. If WoW brings me, we inevitably take the large cart. She deviates from the list more than I...

I pull up to the online order parking space, send a text telling them my space number and they bring them out and load them.

If I am going in, I choose my tool based on my needs.  Sometimes just carry what I need in my hands, or get a basket or push a cart.

Have never ridden the store carts.