Embedding Images

Square Wheels

Hopefully it's working better now.  There was a hiccup after the upgrade, needed to work with the software folks and server folks.

How to embed an image?

• Paste a link - it will automatically embed
  • Right click on an image, then paste it in the editor - it will automatically embed
  • Use the "Drag files here... " option below, then click the little plus sign
  • What is new and very improved, drag an image from your computer directly into the editor, it will upload and embed automatically.  Pretty nifty.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

When can we change the look back to the previous version?

This is actually a lot closer to what you wanted about a year ago.  You asked to have the Quote button moved to the left, it is there now.

The default theme (what you use), is still there.

Please be more specific on what you are looking for.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Please be more specific on what you are looking for.

The default white is far too bright for some reason, and is a bit headache-inducing.  Also, the ever-so-shaded areas separating the topics needs to have more tone, it is too faint.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

What is new and very improved, drag an image from your computer directly into the editor, it will upload and embed automatically.  Pretty nifty.

This doesn't work on my computer.

Edit:  Okay it works but you don't just drag it into the main text area.  That was what I was trying to do.

8 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Yes, it works if I drag it to the area that says "drag files".  I thought you meant you could just drag it into the main text area.  My bad.

You were correct, you should be able to drag am image directly to the text area / editor.  It will upload and embed it.  Seems to be not working, again.

45 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

@Road Runner, you can test the drag to editor on the test site, it's still working there.  Both sites are responding poorly now, waiting for support.

I need to buy my own server, I have a server admin in my basement.  @Redfacedwalrus, what do you recommend?

Huh? Wuh? I'M NEEDED FOR SOMETHING!? AHHHH! Dedicated servers are expensive. Even if you go the route of buying your own outright, you'll still have to rent space at a datacenter to keep it running fast and cold. Most dedicated server options you find online are essentially rentals. You pay a significant chunk of money monthly and the host takes care of the physical hardware, the network, and upkeep, then you do the rest. At that point, the difference between the server being dedicated and the server being a VPS is negligible.

If you REALLY want to go grassroots with getting your own server, you can buy one on e-bay and hook it up at your house. It will make the room hot and ramp up your power bill (also you better have good internet) but you won't have any monthly fees. 

So! It really depends on what you want to pay. Can I have my dinner now?

• Heart 4

• 2 weeks later...