Based off of RG's visit to Grants Tomb....

jsharr

I was unaware Mrs. Grant was buried there and that her name was Julia.

Saying Julia and Ulysses and Ulysses and Julia reminded me of Orange Julius.

Did the Grants inspire the creator of this wonderful drink or did they perhaps invent it?

discus

@1826 is not allowed to participate.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I knew Mrs Grant was there, because that's the smart alecky response to the "who is buried in Grant's Tomb" question.  :nodhead:

Thank you for your insight,  but I need to know if on hot days Mrs. Grant would take the General or President a refreshing creamy icy citrus drink and if it grew into a large chain that slowly died off but is making a comeback courtesy of the royal family of frozen dairy treats, Dairy Queen.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

Thank you for your insight,  but I need to know if on hot days Mrs. Grant would take the General or President a refreshing creamy icy citrus drink and if it grew into a large chain that slowly died off but is making a comeback courtesy of the royal family of frozen dairy treats, Dairy Queen.

I never got those people who went to Orange Julius and ordered a different flavor.

16 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I never got those people who went to Orange Julius and ordered a different flavor.

I think the addition of the other flavors was the beginning of the end.  Just like 7-Eleven.  There is no need for more than Coke and Cherry flavors at the Slurpee machine!  

I will comfort myself knowing that Mrs. Grant never gave Ulysses any other flavors than orange.

• Heart 1