Fit or Fat Revisited

MickinMD

As petitepedal and I mentioned recently, Covert Bailey has some excellent books on diet and exercise.

I found a website with lots of Bailey articles here: https://lifestylesbyrondagates.com/covert/articles/articles.html

The articles are in less detail than Bailey's books, but they're close enough that an intelligent person can figure out what to do if he/she wants to follow the program.

The article that deals with walking at least 35 minutes if you're getting back into shape is here: https://lifestylesbyrondagates.com/covert/articles/beginner.html

I remember the wise words from Drill Sergeant Herron: It's simple people, we will PT (Physical Training) the hell outta you and give you all the good Army food you need. You disgusting fat bodies will get in shape!  

However we had one kid from a poor farming community in TX who gained weight. He said he never had 3 meals ever his whole life!

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I remember the wise words from Drill Sergeant Herron: It's simple people, we will PT (Physical Training) the hell outta you and give you all the good Army food you need. You disgusting fat bodies will get in shape!  

However we had one kid from a poor farming community in TX who gained weight. He said he never had 3 meals ever his whole life!

I gained weight in basic training and I had plenty of food before going in. Heck I was a cook. However I was a party animal and didn't treat myself all that well. In basic they made me eat three good meals; get plenty of exercise; and sleep at night.

Well...he did his stuff on PBS in the..what 80's? or early 90's...I don't think he sold more than his books...and it is about eating smarter and less fat..as far as exercise goes he is all for cardio but also wants you to build some muscle lifting weight...because muscle burns calories more efficiently that fat..I do think he was before processed food became the evil one..he may promote a bit of the low fat stuff...he also like you to measure your body fat..he gives you an at-home method that is fairly accurate compared to the dunk tank measurement.

All and all find what works for you and use it!!  I personally have picked up on some of his stuff...but I am also big on less processed food and portion control....and I am trying to get to very little red meat and more beans...I do some beans...but damn there is a texture thing there :wacko:

• Heart 1