I always get a laugh out of

BR46

When I go on line and Google has to tell me that traffic is light in my area and there's no dalays. 

Google hasn't figured out that I live in a town of 7,000 people traffic always light. Rush hour traffic is when cars are lined up 5 cars deep at the 4 way stop downtown and it last for a hole 8 minutes. 

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, smudge said:

8 minutes??!! Dang! Find a different route!! :D

That only happens when a semi is trying to make the turn and the car drivers don't know what to do. 

Some folks are clueless.  Traffic in our town of 9,000 is ok.  One can notice a difference this time of the year with increase congestion at the off ramps from the interstate.  We are located on the main route headed to Yellowstone, etc., so we get a lot of tourists, and there are truck stops on both sides of the interstate.

3 minutes ago, Chris... said:

When I lived in England it would take 40 mins to drive 5 miles

I have a 5 mile commute to work and it takes about 10 minutes. I have made it in 15 minutes on bike 

Our city is about 50,000. I work near a highway/business corridor that splits the city. It has not kept up with the growth in traffic we have seen in the last 7 years. I live 3 miles from work. It takes 15 minutes by bike. I rarely take the car during the summer months. 

When weather forces me to drive during the winter months, I take a 6 mile route because each of the city arteries between work and home have schools and stupid parents. I take a highway north of our place to an artery on the other side of the corridor, then route back to work. It's actually faster! ...and far less stressful!

One of the added benefits of my nes job is my commute is opposite the usual traffic flow.  It's a 25 mile commute that takes me roughly 35 minutes.  The worse part is the area immediately by my office. The last 2 miles in the AM and first 2 miles in the PM are tough then 70 MPH the rest of the way.

I used to commute 45 miles along the dreaded 405 freeway which was tough both ways.  1.5hour morning drive, 2 hour evening drive.