Overpayment

Airehead

The Canadian Government has had a payroll problem for 18 months.  They have been shorting employees, some significantly and even though they admitted fault, they have yet to fully reimburse the employees.  Yet, they can cut a terrorist a 10.5 million dollar cheque overnight.  Go figure..  Keep the money until they ask for it back. 

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, Airehead said:

If your employer overplays you, do you have to pay it back?

It would seem so.  The school board miscalculated womaxx's (and many others) pay this year and has been overpaying.  They informed everyone that paychecks will be a bit light till their mistake is corrected.

• Haha 1

To me it would not be a question of whether of I have to (i.e. am legally required to) pay it back.

If it's an overpayment, then I did not earn it.  If I didn't earn it then the money is not mine.

My employer's mistake is not a gift - it's a mistake.

Whether legally required to or not, I would return the overpayment to my employer.

• Heart 3

Upper management claimed that our manager was overpaying us for four years. He was paying us to get it done, if they didn't notice for four years shame on them. We never had to pay anything back, if they tried it would have gone to court. We would not have worked like we did if we were not getting paid like we were. Production has never happened anywhere near that level since.

• Heart 3