A resident was found dead in her apartment

petitepedal

:(  This lady didn't come out much..she was a smoker who bought her place in hopes of quitting...and a couple of months ago she got hit with a $1,000 fine (in part to pay legal fees) to tell her to quit or else...anyway...I saw her about the 15th of the month..she said she had been sick..not sure if she had been in the hospital or not..Yesterday we had a wonderful mail carrier and she mentioned the ladies mailbox was pretty full...well that had happened before with her and she wasn't one to tell me she was going for awhile..I did however knock on her door yesterday and today...I hate to say it but I figured..she was out..maybe with family or friends.

No..family found her this evening. We only go in if someone is concerned and contacts us..or if they participate in our "I'm OK" program ...which we encourage people to do...flip a sign by 9am every morning...if the sign isn't turned we go in.

Just Monday, I had the 94 year old face down on his floor with way low blood sugar..his daughter couldn't  reach him..so she called her friend who lives in the building..he came and got me and we got there fast.

• Heart 1

We encourage people to turn it in the AM but worse comes to worse you are found in a day...not 3..we had a lady fall..she wasn't on the I'm OK...she crawled around her apt for 3 days..and then knocked the phone over..called her church because she knew the number by heart..when she returned from her hospital stay..she got on the program.