For the men

Square Wheels

Tell me about your handshake?

Is it a congenial shake where you are just being polite and introducing yourself?

Do you feel the need to crush your opponents hand, let them know you are taking over their village and women?

I'm a kinda average guy, I suppose if I wanted I could give you a solid shake and cause discomfort, but I prefer a gentler touch.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

You are not posting this is P&R? Folks that need to crush are true ass holes, and should be kicked in the crotch. An average handshake is fine. There are ways, like grabbing a full hand to the wrist, where you can prevent the crushers from doing their thing. If you have not already figured this out, I am not a big fan of bullies.

You were one of the people I had in mind when I thought of this.  I suspect as a farmer, you could dish out a good crushing, and I suspected you would not.

Just so you know.. Diana Krall has the hardest handshake I have ever felt.  My gazbillionaire boss has the softest.  Sort of like he is petting an animal. :)  Maybe he is just afraid to touch the help.   I prefer solid contact without causing discomfort or breakage. 

I shake hands frequently in this job. I work with people ranging from construction owners and farmers to office assistants to CEO's. I prefer to give a firm, but non-harmful shake, but try to read the person as we meet. 

My hands aren't huge so blue collar bosses sometimes try to intimidate me with a firmer than normal shake. I had one try to crush my hand and surprised him when I met his grip with similar force. We get along just fine, now. 

I accidentally hurt a guy on a handshake. I did a standard shake and he did not meet the force. I backed off immediately, but I could see the pain in his face. Turned out he was a real jerk! I didn't feel so bad about it, then. 

Women, no offense, are the hardest to gauge. Some barely brush palms while others want to prove they can be as tough as the guys. Age or physical stature having nothing to do with the variations.