Prayers, vibes and whatever you've got for Bosox...

UglyBob

Holy crap, this sucks.
Please keep us updated.
PM me an address and room number, or post it here if he's OK with that.

I'll let you know as soon as I do. His mother said what hospital he is in, but that's all I've got. I will be out of town until monday afternoon, but I will keep getting updates and see him net week.

Just got back from the hospital. Broken tibia, not femur so that's a little better. Six broken ribs and a pneumothorax, they also had to remove his appendix. He's pretty banged up, but he will recover. He was heavily sedated, but recognized me and tried to talk.

As far as the accident is concerned, he couldn't tell me much. According to his murse he was hit from behind by a truck mirror at a pretty good speed. I didn't get anymore detail than that. I will call in tomorrow and see if I can get more info. I'll see him again on Monday when I get back into town.

• Heart 1

Sorry to hear. Prayers for healing.

I know. Part of it is just the number of miles he does. When you ride 15000+ miles a year in city traffic the odds are going to catch up to you eventually.

That's true. He's got a lot greater chance of it than I do.

Bosox, hope you get healed up and don't suffer too much

I've ben hit before and while everybody tells you you are lucky to be alive, I never felt too lucky at the time

hope you can get back on a bike this spring

glad to hear you weren't killed, though, so heal up and get back to normal as soon as you can

Nate 

I know he rides a lot, and it could happen anywhere, but Arizona sounds like a scary place to ride.

It's actually a great place to ride compared to most places I've been. There are bad areas and idiot drivers just like everywhere else, but in general I feel safer riding here than in most cities.

It's actually a great place to ride compared to most places I've been. There are bad areas and idiot drivers just like everywhere else, but in general I feel safer riding here than in most cities.

I agree, UglyBob.  I get in a lot of miles a year and feel pretty safe.  Of course you need to be alert and follow the rules of the road.

I know he rides a lot, and it could happen anywhere, but Arizona sounds like a scary place to ride.

I don't know about Arizona, but I used to refuse to ride on the roads when I lived in St. Petersburg/Clearwater, FL. I swore the roads were too dangerous. People online laughed at me and said I was silly for being afraid to just 'get out there' and try it.

Not long after that, somebody in a bicycle safety forum posted a link to an article about worst cities (based on bicycle/car accidents, especially ones that were not 'accidents'). Not only was St. Petersburg/Clearwater rated the top most dangerous city for bicyclists, but at that time it had topped the list for the 5th consecutive year or something like that.