Prayers, vibes and whatever you've got for Bosox...

UglyBob

I stopped by the hospital this afternoon to visit BoSox.  He was busted up pretty good with 9 broken ribs, a broken clavicle, broken tibia, and some internal bleeding. He was able to recognize me from FB and putting that together with my LF and SW forum nickname.  He is still in critical care, and expects to be off the bike for 8 weeks.  I adjusted his bed for him and ran down a nurse to get him some ice.  He said the guy didnt share the road, and he was lucky he was on his beater bike. I didnt stay long as he was kind of drifting off to sleep.

I stopped by the hospital this afternoon to visit BoSox.  He was busted up pretty good with 9 broken ribs, a broken clavicle, broken tibia, and some internal bleeding. He was able to recognize me from FB and putting that together with my LF and SW forum nickname.  He is still in critical care, and expects to be off the bike for 8 weeks.  I adjusted his bed for him and ran down a nurse to get him some ice.  He said the guy didnt share the road, and he was lucky he was on his beater bike. I didnt stay long as he was kind of drifting off to sleep.

Wow. Thanks for the update.

Lots of pain. Drugs are t help ing enough. 

Yay!!!  At least you are still with us!   :nod head:

Do you have any hot nurses?   :)

Are you able to sleep?  From my experience, sleep is your best friend right now.  No pain when you are sleeping.   :)

Hang in there.  It's going to take some time to recover from such a bad crash.  

It's hard to eat anything. Nothing appeals to me

I know.  You feel like crap.  When I was in the hospital, I don't think I ate anything for several days.  I think they were feeding me intravenously, or something.  They didn't seem to care that I didn't eat.  But if they tell you you need to eat, eat.  You need something if your body is going to heal.   :)

I don't think I pooped for a week.

Sheesh, now I have to be creative?

Seriously, glad to see you alive, responding and recuperating.

Are you out of critical care?  Aside from cards, is there anything you'd like us to send you?

Jeeesh, he already has Michael.  What more could he want.