Prayers, vibes and whatever you've got for Bosox...

UglyBob

The doctor took one look at what I was taking, and amazed at how little was prescribed.

I saw earlier you said they were giving you Percocet.

That's like taking a placebo on steroids - without the steroids.

After one of my crashes the hospital gave me morphine, and I didn't have nearly the damage you took.

I think you got swindled.

I saw earlier you said they were giving you Percocet.

That's like taking a placebo on steroids - without the steroids.

After one of my crashes the hospital gave me morphine, and I didn't have nearly the damage you took.

I think you got swindled.

The stopped the Percocet yesterday. I can have just about anything I ask for, but I take only enough to bring the pain down to a tolerable level. It also helps that I have a very high pain tolerance.
  • Heart 1

The stopped the Percocet yesterday. I can have just about anything I ask for, but I take only enough to bring the pain down to a tolerable level. It also helps that I have a very high pain tolerance.

I used to pretend to take the percocet (or percodans) when I was in the hospital, then take three at once when I really wanted to get some sleep.  The nurses had to watch you take the pills they give you, but nurses were easily fooled.  You have to deal with the pain for a few med cycles, but hell, you need good sleep to recover.

Anyway, what the hell caused them to open you up like that?  Did they have to go inside and rearrange things, or were you sliced up in the accident?  Will there be any lasting damage other than the big scar, or do they think you will be hopping and skipping after 8 weeks like it never happened?

Also, did Bill Belichick help you cheat death?  Inquiring minds want to know!

I used to pretend to take the percocet (or percodans) when I was in the hospital, then take three at once when I really wanted to get some sleep. The nurses had to watch you take the pills they give you, but nurses were easily fooled. You have to deal with the pain for a few med cycles, but hell, you need good sleep to recover.

Anyway, what the hell caused them to open you up like that? Did they have to go inside and rearrange things, or were you sliced up in the accident? Will there be any lasting damage other than the big scar, or do they think you will be hopping and skipping after 8 weeks like it never happened?

Also, did Bill Belichick help you cheat death? Inquiring minds want to know!

the abdominal cut was made to find the cause of air pockets in my belly area(the appendix/intestinal wall was perforated).

When the pain is excruciating, I ask for Dilaudid injections(synthetic morphine), when the pain is less, I take Toradol by injection.

Belichick's determination and resolve could help me find a way to recover from serious injuries.

Glad to see you posting, BoSox. Sleep as much as you can...yeah, I know...but it does help speed the healing process. But you know that too....

Crap...Dude.... just pulling for ya. Flirt with the nurses...thats always fun.

They found an intestinal blockage causing my digestive problems. Tomorrow morning they will open me up again to remove the problem.

Yay! More surgery.

Damn!  That sucks, but at least they are going to fix your problem.  Hang in there.  I hope you can get straight and get this stuff behind you so you can start some serious rehabbing soon.

Hey, BSY!  So sorry to hear about your accident and everything you are going through.  I hope the surgery goes o.k. and that you can get back to mending soon.  Hang in there!

Just an FYI….if you do end up needing a good attorney I had a great one here in Tucson who got great results after I was hit by a car a few years ago.  He's a one-man operation so very personalized service, plus he's an avid bicyclist and pretty nice guy.  One of his specialities is representing bicyclists who have been involved in accidents.  Let me know if you want his contact info once you're able to deal with stuff like that.  He probably could refer you to a good attorney in the Phoenix area if that would make more sense for you.

Hey, BSY! So sorry to hear about your accident and everything you are going through. I hope the surgery goes o.k. and that you can get back to mending soon. Hang in there!

Just an FYI….if you do end up needing a good attorney I had a great one here in Tucson who got great results after I was hit by a car a few years ago. He's a one-man operation so very personalized service, plus he's an avid bicyclist and pretty nice guy. One of his specialities is representing bicyclists who have been involved in accidents. Let me know if you want his contact info once you're able to deal with stuff like that. He probably could refer you to a good attorney in the Phoenix area if that would make more sense for you.

Thanks man, and welcome to the forum.

I just stop by the hospital. He was asleep so I did not get an update. I will tell you that his color looks a whole lot better than the last time I saw him. That may be because he is not puking up his toenails now.

Iwas probably morphined-out.

Right now I'm pretty high on morphine, and watching South Park - Bigger, Badder and Uncut.

My intestin were a twisted mess, but the trauma surgeon assured me things at right now. Things will improve.