my daughters longtime boyfriend

Chris...

10 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Ooooo! Such subtle implications!

This is incontrovertible proof that even a blind squirrel can find a (humor) nut!

And congratulations to Chris!  Let me know if you want to borrow my Ronco Home Version Boyfriend Live Autopsy Kit.

or bust one? :humping::scratchhead::dontknow:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

He? Along for the ride

Oh, and congrats and stuff

Last night we attended a tasting with a bunch of other people who have upcoming weddings with the venue they picked.  After sampling appetizers, main courses, sides & desserts my daughter wanted to check out the flower and invitation vendors.  Future SIL was so over the whole thing and was sitting there bored when she said im going to check them out.

So as my daughter got up and he didnt I shot him "the look", he nods, gets up and goes with.  His mom looks at me and says WTF was that, nobody tells him what to do?  I just said I didnt say sheot to the boy, he figured it out on his own!

But I remember feeling the same way 30 years ago, food, flowers invites blah blah blah but I went along for the ride and didn't make my wife do it all.

• Heart 3

20 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Shooting him seems a little drastic.  Did you use a derringer or your pistol cane?

I like the kid and wouldn't hurt him.  He is a work in progress on some things but he listens to me.  My daughter says he listens to me more than his own dad.  

I probably mentioned this before but during a softball game he was playing 3rd, I was pitching.  After making 3 errors he tried to check himself out of the game.  As the other player was coming out of the dug out I yelled at him to get back in position, get over yourself and make the next play.  He stopped dead in his tracks and went back.  He ended up getting the 3rd out and I went over & high fived  him.  My daughter said she was shocked he listened to me.  That was a couple of years ago too, he's come a long way since then.  I haven't had to bark at him in a while during a game.

• Heart 1