Found a reason to like Texas...

KrAzY

Besides not having to see jsharr...

I heard through people that starting Sept 1st a person can carry any size knife they want.. this also includes ninja swords here in Texas... 

I'm so ordering a pirate sword and flying my pirate flag on the Jeep that day... I wonder if I can pillage and take prisoners during rush hour traffic.

https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/action-alert-knife-rights-texas-illegal-knife-repeal-bill-hearing/

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Can you still drink and drive?  You could back in the 80's....They even had drive thru liquor stores...usually right outside the dry towns :D

Drive thru stores are still around, but DWI is frowned upon if you get pulled over

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Can you still drink and drive?  You could back in the 80's....They even had drive thru liquor stores...usually right outside the dry towns :D

I think they now have open container laws prohibiting open containers in cars.  When I lived in Texas, DWI was illegal, but they didn't have open container restrictions in most of the state (at least that's what I always heard).

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I think they now have open container laws prohibiting open containers in cars.  When I lived in Texas, DWI was illegal, but they didn't have open container restrictions in most of the state (at least that's what I always heard).

I'm gueswing if you do not have a run in with the cops, then drinking and driving or having an open container is fine... I don't advise it :)

10 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Yeah...open containers were okay...I remember having drinks at my friends house and she sent me home with a little "to go" container...another time I was at someones house and their kid needed a emergency pick up...and I was going with the mom ...she said...bring your drink!!

Now you have to put your drink in a yeti mug like everyone else. :whistle:

• Heart 1

Yep, those were the days.  jsharr would toss me in the back of his El Camino, next to his Igloo cooler, and head to the beer store to "reload".  He would be wearing a ball cap with a rebel flag on it, a white t shirt with the sleeves cut off, cut off blue jean shorts and cowboy boots.  Always had a Coors Light long neck with him in a zip up neoprene coozie.

• Heart 2

12 hours ago, petitepedal said:

you could have open containers in the car, but the driver could not be drinking, as I recall.

14 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Besides not having to see jsharr...

I heard through people that starting Sept 1st a person can carry any size knife they want.. this also includes ninja swords here in Texas... 

I'm so ordering a pirate sword and flying my pirate flag on the Jeep that day... I wonder if I can pillage and take prisoners during rush hour traffic.

https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/action-alert-knife-rights-texas-illegal-knife-repeal-bill-hearing/

The Cowboys will never cover the spread.