Cheating isn't always bad you know..

Wilbur

Over the past months of diet and exercise changes, I take cheat days once per week and eat whatever I am craving. I treat it like a rest day from exercise.  I don't know that it is good or wise but it sure makes staying on track the remainder of the week easy.  Today is that day which is good because there will be burgers and sausages on the grill!  

My Personal Trainer also suggested a morning fast with fitness completion before the first meal so typically I don't start eating until 2PM.  Then dinner at 6 and a light snack around 8pm.  It defies the convention of 5 smaller meals that is popular today but it works for me and isn't that difficult to do.  

• Heart 1

When my Dad had heart problems, he was pretty careful about his diet and restricted what he ate.  But his cardiologist recommended a small cheat day once a week and a bigger cheat day once a month.  The doctor's idea was that if people could never have their favorite things, they wouldn't stick to the diet, and that a few bad things in limited quantity wouldn't really be too bad.   It definitely worked with my Dad.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

40 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Over the past months of diet and exercise changes, I take cheat days once per week and eat whatever I am craving. I treat it like a rest day from exercise.  I don't know that it is good or wise but it sure makes staying on track the remainder of the week easy.  Today is that day which is good because there will be burgers and sausages on the grill!  

My Personal Trainer also suggested a morning fast with fitness completion before the first meal so typically I don't start eating until 2PM.  Then dinner at 6 and a light snack around 8pm.  It defies the convention of 5 smaller meals that is popular today but it works for me and isn't that difficult to do.  

I take cheat days too, usually about 7 per week.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1