My daughters say there is no excuse for country music

Ralphie

I did a wiring job for a guy a while back, adding lights & outlets in the garage. He had speakers in the garage connected to a radio in the house. He and his wife left for the day, locking the house, and leaving a modern country station playing.

About 5 hours into it I started tripping breakers, till the racket stopped.

I like old country, and some new country, but what they played on that radio station reminded me of the night I was locked in a store overnight and the soundtrack included 'Red Red Wine' every 20 minutes. 

PS: Hearing that I rode bikes a bit, he proudly showed me his Walmart dual suspension cruiser. Told me that the shocks were expensive, but worth it...

OK, now it's bicycling related.

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, Further said:

I did a wiring job for a guy a while back, adding lights & outlets in the garage. He had speakers in the garage connected to a radio in the house. He and his wife left for the day, locking the house, and leaving a modern country station playing.

About 5 hours into it I started tripping breakers, till the racket stopped.

I like old country, and some new country, but what they played on that radio station reminded me of the night I was locked in a store overnight and the soundtrack included 'Red Red Wine' every 20 minutes. 

It's new country with that fake twang that sort of pisses me off.  The steel guitars are a big compensation - love those. :)