Prayers requested

LoneWolf

It seems like I only started that baseball injury thread last night....Go figure.

I was home sick this weekend.  I was supposed to go up north to Traverse City where WoHB would be the matron of honor in a wedding for a dear friend.  But guys who sniffle constantly and cough their guts out don't make great wedding guests.

I get a call this morning from WoHB before the wedding, in tears, "I fell and broke my arm and it's sticking out of the skin."  I told her to immediately hang up and get transport to the hospital, that I'll be there as soon as I can.  I update her on which hospital to go to because MoHB is a nurse and a darn good one. I throw things together, pick up MoHB (so she can drive WoHBs car home) and we're off.

Two hours later we're there, we find she's in surgery, has been for an hour, it's going to be another 2-3.  We suck it up and I start reaching a few people.

She's in recovery right now.  Arm broken in three places, and with brittle bones disease this is never a great thing.  One of the breaks was where the ball of the radius snapped off at the elbow joint.  She has enough metal in her arm to guarantee special inspection by the TSA for life.  Thankfully, it's not her dominant arm/hand and there was a great ortho surgeon on call this weekend.

I haven't seen her yet.  Prayers requested.

P.S.  @smudge, if you thought that Bryce Harper video was bad, you don't want to see the x-rays on this one.  Makes his look like a mosquito bite.

• Sad 2

Prayers for WoHB. I broke my wrist in a car accident years ago. One bone through the skin and on the thumb side the cup aside of the joint was broke off the arm bone and in pieces on the top of my hand. Pretty amazing what those orthopedic surgeons can do.