Update on WoHB

LoneWolf

WoHB has 32 screws in her arm, plus the plates and the piece replacing the ball of her radius.  All of this hardware is causing a LOT of pain. So pain management is the order of the day.  Trying to make sure it can be managed before she goes home.

I cannot say enough good things about the hospital staff.  All of them have been warm and caring.  If you get injured and have a choice about where to have it happen, Traverse City might be a good choice.  They also have a place for relatives to stay at a reasonable cost.

Pray that the pain will lessen, and that healing can begin.

IMG_1947.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

• Sad 1

Good to hear.  Here's hoping for continued healing and comfort for her while doing so.

Thanks for the update.

But just a tip.  If she gives you a thousand yard stare and says "Resistance is futile, prepare to be assimiliated..."  run.  Run like the wind.  

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Wow, that is a lot of hardware!!!

How are you holding up?

I'm holding, though it'd be better if I wasn't fighting this borderline-bronchitis bug.  My diaphragm and sinuses hurt every time I cough. Thank you.

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Dang!! I'm sure they'll get her on top of that pain.

How did she fall in the first place? 

She was taking some pictures on a slightly raised platform, and missed where the edge was.  Tripped, fell forward on her arm.

54 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, I was just about to ask "How in the hell did she break it, and why so bad?"   

When does she get to go home, btw?

See additional explanation:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osteogenesis_imperfecta

She will get to go home when she can manage on just standard pain pills.

Thank you everyone for your concerns

11 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

She asks if you can help her install a Taser for when a child in her classroom misbehaves.

Of course, though I would reccomend a laser with the variable power option.  Can be used for correction, complete inceneration and she can light smokes with it to impress the other teachers in the teachers lounge.

1 hour ago, parodybot said:

Of course, though I would reccomend a laser with the variable power option.  Can be used for correction, complete inceneration and she can light smokes with it to impress the other teachers in the teachers lounge.

With the modern day environment of "everyone but me must be held responsible for the actions of my child", she would prefer just to stun or temporarily incapacitate, rather than the more drastic options.  It only takes one incineration and everybody's gunning for you.

• Heart 1

Just now, parodybot said:

What grade of laser did she carry.  I would hope a class tune able green with autofocus at least.

Ya know, I don't think the kids were a problem; she could handle them. It was mostly the parents....and of course administration. But everyone bitches about administration.

But I'll ask her just in case.... :D

• Heart 1