My new helmet - TIB

Dirtyhip

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I really like my TLD  A1 and I hear they really improved it with the A2.  Good looking lid, pls let me know what you think of it.

Well, it fits so plushy.  The vents are amazing.  I could not be happier with this helmet.

I really want the Fox FF, but it seems too big for my head, even the XS. 

3 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Well, it fits so plushy.  The vents are amazing.  I could not be happier with this helmet.

I really want the Fox FF, but it seems too big for my head, even the XS. 

One of the complaints of the A1 is that it doesn't vent well but I never felt it was hot.  It is the most comfortable helmet I own.  I've even considered wearing it for softball! 

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

One of the complaints of the A1 is that it doesn't vent well but I never felt it was hot.  It is the most comfortable helmet I own.  I've even considered wearing it for softball! 

I gave my A1 to the guy that bought my last Stumpy. He loves the bike and the helmet. It fit me poorly and didn't vent well.

3 minutes ago, smudge said:

Nice lid! But is says SRAM. bleh.  ;)    Is it a MIPS helmet? I was all about MIPS when I got my helmet, but now I'm not sure it's really necessary. What do you think?

I know, what is up with that.  Logos are taking over.  It's idiocracy.

I like the mips and the theory makes sense.  When you spend time crashing, you want any protection you can get. 

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I know, what is up with that.  Logos are taking over.  It's idiocracy.

I like the mips and the theory makes sense.  When you spend time crashing, you want any protection you can get. 

Ya, that's about how I feel about the MIPS too. Thankfullly, the crashes I've had the past couple years (this knee thing and stalling and falling into a rocky hole last year) haven't involved the helmet/head. Hopefully the MIPS is good voodoo to ward off head crashes!