It's all in the slacks

Dirtyhip

Levis have stood the test of time. Billabong was popular in the 90's. I like Dickies too.  They have that sorta bad boy look to them. Grrr.  Wranglers were never my thing.  So cowboy.  Meh.  I used to dislike Carhart.  Now, they have won my respect.  Hard working asses wear Carharts, often trail builders and fire crews. I even own a pair now. 

What is your pant style?

I bought a couple of Wrangler  regular cut jeans (One blue, one black) for work and I like them, comfy comfy.  I still wear dress pants, I'm a Haggar guy, most days and rarely wear jeans.  I'm in shorts when not at work all but a couple of weeks of the year.

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Hard working asses wear Carharts,

Worst garbage I ever wore. They rusted out in half the time Levis or anything else did. 

Jeans that fit me are damned hard to find. They’re either cut to fit skinny legged hipsters or, if they fit my thighs, they fall off my ass. Duluth Ballroom jeans seem to be the best and while they don’t last forever like jeans used to, they hold up tolerably well.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Worst garbage I ever wore. They rusted out in half the time Levis or anything else did. 

Jeans that fit me are damned hard to find. They’re either cut to fit skinny legged hipsters or, if they fit my thighs, they fall off my ass. Duluth Ballroom jeans seem to be the best and while they don’t last forever like jeans used to, they hold up tolerably well.

Maybe, it is regional. We wear Carharts round here.

For jeans, Levi's.  But I have to be careful as I have large thighs so I need a style to fit them.  To fit a pair of 501's, it needs to be 2 sizes too big on my waist and arse which then looks really weird.  I tend to get the 533's (maybe?)

Most of my other pants are more 'hiking" style for outdoor wear.  For dressy stuff, I have several pairs of "Eddie Bauer" pants with stretchy stuff in them so they are comfortable

I have no need to wear them now but damn my Army BDU pants were comfy.  I had to wear them for days at a time sometimes and had no issues other than the funk....  The BDU top wasn't as comfy but the pants were awesome.  We wore them for duty, excersized in them, training, ranges & etc with no chafing or discomfort.

Now days, a pair or so of Wranglers, many Dickies, and several pair of Diamond Gussets, that I bought on sale.  Some bargain jeans are not really a bargain, as they wear more quickly, tear more easily, and the damn pockets don't last.  Hell to find your money, keys and knife out and about the hay yard, pasture, and corral. I gave up on the 'no bottom' problem and wear suspenders. Not sure I have any pseudo dress pants that fit any more.  I also wear cotton or wool, as poly ester is too hot, particularly when driving in a vehicle. You notice I did not mention wearing shorts.:whistle:

2 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Maybe, it is regional. We wear Carharts round here.

Carhartt (it has two “T”s) is one of those brands that used to be something and has been watered down until it’s only a name. All the construction guys used to swear by them. Not so much anymore. (“Walls” brand coveralls are the choice now.)

The one pair I had only lasted about a year. I can get four or five years out of Duluth. Lee used to be OK - I haven’t worn them in a while. I have Lee cargo shorts and they seem to be OK.

About split between Levi 560 and Carhartts. Shorts from May to October. A few docker types. Ohh some Izod casuals. The outlet store near us had a BOGO sale. $20 ea. So i loaded up

BITD when I was a working stiff I liked the Carhartts. Now I tend more to the Levi*

* I have not been in 501 for decades. Probably when they were "shrink to fit". That was always a guessing game