American Ninja Warrior

Further

I started watching a few years ago when I was traveling out of town and had limited tv choices at night.   Didn't seem like a show I'd like, but I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.   So many of the personal stories are impressive and I'm amazed at what some of them can do.

• Heart 2

I watch it.  Recently it has become a little too much "feel good stories" and not enough running the course.  They have time to tell a 5 minute tail about one competitors tough luck story, but then don't even show the runs of a bunch of others, even ones that advance to the next round.  Those guys don't have a story. :(

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Further said:

They are some tough ...competitors...

I always wandered how much time they spend in the gym. Like when Wo46 and I went to the Crossfit games this year and seeing the competitors and what they can do. 

We never realized how fat and out of shape we are.

Our entire family has watched it regularly for four or five years now.  We all still enjoy it though the Reverend's comment about the feel-good stories is apt.  Just like the Olympics, they have to give you a reason to cheer for these people you maybe never heard of.

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

Our entire family has watched it regularly for four or five years now.  We all still enjoy it though the Reverend's comment about the feel-good stories is apt.  Just like the Olympics, they have to give you a reason to cheer for these people you maybe never heard of.

Yup, too much feel good stories. And good point about Olympics.

2 hours ago, BR46 said:

I always wandered how much time they spend in the gym. Like when Wo46 and I went to the Crossfit games this year and seeing the competitors and what they can do. 

We never realized how fat and out of shape we are.

I am well aware I'm not all that athletic. I watched an episode of CrossFit stuff on TV last week and became PAINFULLY aware how out of shape I am. 

My son can still "spider climb" the hallway in our house - but he fits a lot less well than he did a couple years ago, when he did that All The Time.

I feel like I am reasonably fit, and I give it all when I'm on the bike, but I watch ANW and consider there are very very few obstacles I feel like I could clear.  I certainly have the upper body strength of a cyclist. :D

• Heart 1