Little League World Series

Parr8hed

Just now, ChrisL said:

I enjoy this time of year. SoCal often times wins the West Regional and a team not too far from me is representing again.  I wish softball got as much air time as baseball...

I think softball is more fun to watch.  The pitchers are throwing HEAT.  It's been proven that reaction time is actually less for softball than baseball.  With closer bases it makes it harder to field a ball, transfer and throw a girl down at first.  It's a much faster game than baseball.  I really enjoy it.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I think softball is more fun to watch.  The pitchers are throwing HEAT.  It's been proven that reaction time is actually less for softball than baseball.  With closer bases it makes it harder to field a ball, transfer and throw a girl down at first.  It's a much faster game than baseball.  I really enjoy it.

Agree 100%.  I've watched my share of softball when my daughter played in HS and the game is much faster and the game is played with much more energy than baseball.  I think girls are tougher than boys too.  I've seen them shake off some nasty injuries and ball out.  I saw a catcher take a foul ball off her hand bending her middle finger all the way back to her wrist.  She snapped it back into place when the umpire called time and  called the coach out.  Coach had to force her out of the game, she refused to come out!  

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Agree 100%.  I've watched my share of softball when my daughter played in HS and the game is much faster and the game is played with much more energy than baseball.  I think girls are tougher than boys too.  I've seen them shake off some nasty injuries and ball out.  I saw a catcher take a foul ball off her hand bending her middle finger all the way back to her wrist.  She snapped it back into place when the umpire called time and  called the coach out.  Coach had to force her out of the game, she refused to come out!  

:runcirclsmiley:

1 hour ago, parodybot said:

You had me at knob.  "Tune in Tokyo, come in"

I kept waiting for the ESPN announcers to make fun of the name of the town but they never did.  The manager of the team is named Travis.  They had him mic'ed up for the show and you could listen to him when he talked to the girls.  The announcers kinda bagged on his accent :-)  I suppose I sound the same way?  It's funny because when I talk to him in person he doesn't sound funny at all.  But on TV he sounded very "southern".     Floyds Knobs is actually a nice area.  Lots and lots of money there.  It's rural.  Not quite as rural as Greenville where I live, but pretty similar. 

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

I kept waiting for the ESPN announcers to make fun of the name of the town but they never did.  The manager of the team is named Travis.  They had him mic'ed up for the show and you could listen to him when he talked to the girls.  The announcers kinda bagged on his accent :-)  I suppose I sound the same way?  It's funny because when I talk to him in person he doesn't sound funny at all.  But on TV he sounded very "southern".     Floyds Knobs is actually a nice area.  Lots and lots of money there.  It's rural.  Not quite as rural as Greenville where I live, but pretty similar. 

You all sound funny to me.  Except Germans.  They sound more robotic than most humans.

• Heart 1

So the girls lost a hearbreaker in the semi-championship game.  Tied up at 2 going into the top of the 6th.  A few hits, a few balls that found gaps and one really tough play on a bunt at 3rd had the girls down 6-2 going into the bottom of the 6th.  They fought and clawed to get to 6-5.  They hit the ball well, it just didn't find any holes.  Lost 6-5 to a very talented Carolina team. 

Last night they played a game against Deleware for 3rd place overall.  They were down 6-0 in the 6th and came back to tie it.  Tied for 3rd place.  IN THE WORLD!!!  That's pretty impressive if you ask me. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Tied for 3rd place.  IN THE WORLD!!!  That's pretty impressive if you ask me. 

The fact they got to represent your community in this stage is impressive.  That they came in 3rd is freaking awesome!  The more your daughter plays you will see the attrition as they move up the ladder and you will come to appreciate their accomplishments even more.  Varsity HS ball may not seem like a big deal until you realize all of the little girls you saw play over the year not get to that level for one reason or another.  Same for college, all those Varsity HS players you knew who never played a competitive inning again after HS makes you appreciate their accomplishments even more. 

• Heart 1

I was watching the softball game between Texas and North Carolina.  The NC pitcher had a rough start and was pulled after allowing two runs and a lot of stolen bases on just 13 pitches.  Felt bad for the poor girl.  Got distracted and did not finish watching the game.

EDIT: It appears that the game I was watching may have been the championship game and that Texas won and the NC team that knocked out Floyds Knob was the loser.

You are welcome @Parr8hed

Correct me if I am wrong.

Just now, pedalphile said:

Cricket lovely cricket. Today has started the 1st ever day/night Test Match played in this country, England V the West Indies.

We have a University in our neighborhood that has a large number Indian and Pakistani students.   Some of them get together in the park behind the elementary school and play cricket.  It is really fun to watch although I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We have a University in our neighborhood that has a large number Indian and Pakistani students.   Some of them get together in the park behind the elementary school and play cricket.  It is really fun to watch although I have absolutely no idea what is going on.

My future SIL's dad is Indian and played cricket back in the old country.  We took him to the batting cages once and it was hilarious.  He backed up as far as he could so he could hit the 40 MPH pitches off his shoe tops.  Once he moved back he did pretty well.  

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I was watching the softball game between Texas and North Carolina.  The NC pitcher had a rough start and was pulled after allowing two runs and a lot of stolen bases on just 13 pitches.  Felt bad for the poor girl.  Got distracted and did not finish watching the game.

EDIT: It appears that the game I was watching may have been the championship game and that Texas won and the NC team that knocked out Floyds Knob was the loser.

You are welcome @Parr8hed

Correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct.