Rode the rail trail today.

Further

Were you chased by bears?

FARMINGTON, CT — A bicyclist was chased by a bear along a rails to trails path Monday afternoon, according to officials from the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.

The man said he was riding his bicycle on a path off New Britain Avenue near Oak Ridge around 3 p.m. when a bear emerged from the woods and followed him. Farmington police said there have been no previous reports of bear activity in this area.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Nice pictures!

I've ridden the C&O; someday I'd like to ride the GAP.  I've got the plans sorted out - places to camp, places to see, etc.  I need the discipline to force an opening in the calendar and the fortitude to hold to it despite the other demands on my time.

The GAP is great. And smoother than the C&O. I think it will be great when the leg from Erie to Pittsburgh is completed then I will try to plan a ride from Erie to DC.

7 minutes ago, Zealot said:

The GAP is great. And smoother than the C&O. I think it will be great the leg from Erie to Pittsburgh is completed then I will try to plan a ride from Erie to DC.

Longjohn suggested riding the Erie Canal trail from Albany to Erie, the Erie trail to Pittsburgh and GAP/C&O to DC. I have to retire again to do that, but I might.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Old#7 said:

Longjohn suggested riding the Erie Canal trail from Albany to Erie, the Erie trail to Pittsburgh and GAP/C&O to DC. I have to retire again to do that, but I might.

Come on man, we could do that on a three day weekend..

:D

That would be an awesome tour !

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

FARMINGTON, CT — A bicyclist was chased by a bear along a rails to trails path Monday afternoon, according to officials from the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection.

The man said he was riding his bicycle on a path off New Britain Avenue near Oak Ridge around 3 p.m. when a bear emerged from the woods and followed him. Farmington police said there have been no previous reports of bear activity in this area.

A bear trap has been placed in the area.  

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

No.

Caption this picture

• Heart 1