Powdered Eggs, Having My Share Lately

ChrisL

On travel again and just had powdered eggs one too many times.... In the army I used to slather it with SOS gravy but in these hotels I stay in the options are limited... I'd pass on breakfast all together except I'll be conducting a 4 hour meeting and dont know when/If I can eat lunch and can't afford to crash... 

Fortunately I don't have any travel planned for the next few weeks. Home cooking tonight!

6 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

On travel again and just had powdered eggs one too many times.... In the army I used to slather it with SOS gravy but in these hotels I stay in the options are limited... I'd pass on breakfast all together except I'll be conducting a 4 hour meeting and dont know when/If I can eat lunch and can't afford to crash... 

Fortunately I don't have any travel planned for the next few weeks. Home cooking tonight!

The hazards of travel and yes those egg products are disgusting.  I always ask for fried eggs. They usually have that capability.  It may have oil but who knows what the powdered stuff contains. 

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, 2Far said:

Yeah, I've been in a Hampton ~65 times so far this year. I am so done with their eggs. The breakfast & smoked sausage is passable, plus a yogurt & banana/apple & I'm good to go.

The problem for me is I need to stay off the carbs but there are tons of bread options. They have Tabasco but the end result would be worse....  

I was at one hotel and they had salsa packets but I haven't seen them since.  If I come across them again I'll need to grab a bunch.

57 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

The problem for me is I need to stay off the carbs but there are tons of bread options. They have Tabasco but the end result would be worse....  

I was at one hotel and they had salsa packets but I haven't seen them since.  If I come across them again I'll need to grab a bunch.

Yeah, I don't do much in the way of bread/cereal/waffles.