Saturday evening plans

petitepedal

Some friends who live near by are hosting dinner (bbq of something..maybe brats & hot dogs...) with the friend who's husband died Friday morning....I think there will only be 6 or 7 of us.. I made black bean and corn salsa and picked up some chips...

Should be a pleasant evening...the day was fantastic weather wise...

Looks like Date Night Laundry will be tomorrow morning :dontknow:

• Heart 3

I did some laundry this morning and then loaded up the zero turn and headed to MIL's to mow her three acres. My BIL was there trimming shrubs and stuff. He lives in Columbus, Ohio and came in for the weekend to check on mom and help out anyway he can.  We decided some of the overgrown shrubs had to go. I unhitched my trailer and hooked a chain on them and pulled them out with my Element. I finished mowing the three acres and sat in the kitchen with BIL talking about mom. His brother showed up and I asked him how long he was staying. He said he was going to be there awhile. I called my wife as she was leaving work and told her that her brothers were both over at moms so she said she would get some food and be there in about an hour. We grilled steaks and salmon, and sweet corn. My wife baked potatoes in the house. Her sister came over and her SIL. We had a great feast and the family discussed what we could do to help mom. We are going to get her some personal care help. They want to start figuring out what to do with dad's woodworking tools and other guy stuff that has just sat around in his shop since he passed away. 

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Going back to the fair for evening concert. Sawyer Brown Band at 9, warm up band at 8.  Hmm, 7:16, I should probably head over there. Wish me luck on parking!

Oh my, it's fair season already.  Just a couple of weeks before the Hebron Lions fair here.  Can winter be far now?

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Oh my, it's fair season already.  Just a couple of weeks before the Hebron Lions fair here.  Can winter be far now?

Oh man... don't be talking winter already! I'll confess I saw some fat bike in winter pics the other day, and I really liked them...but I'm just not ready to even think about it for reals.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I did some laundry this morning and then loaded up the zero turn and headed to MIL's to mow her three acres. My BIL was there trimming shrubs and stuff. He lives in Columbus, Ohio and came in for the weekend to check on mom and help out anyway he can.  We decided some of the overgrown shrubs had to go. I unhitched my trailer and hooked a chain on them and pulled them out with my Element. I finished mowing the three acres and sat in the kitchen with BIL talking about mom. His brother showed up and I asked him how long he was staying. He said he was going to be there awhile. I called my wife as she was leaving work and told her that her brothers were both over at moms so she said she would get some food and be there in about an hour. We grilled steaks and salmon, and sweet corn. My wife baked potatoes in the house. Her sister came over and her SIL. We had a great feast and the family discussed what we could do to help mom. We are going to get her some personal care help. They want to start figuring out what to do with dad's woodworking tools and other guy stuff that has just sat around in his shop since he passed away. 

It's wonderful that the family is joining to help with Mom.    Pullin for ya...

• Heart 1