Almost done, but already used.

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

How long you planning to milk this deck?  You a union slacker?

Going on almost a year with the actual construction. - started last fall. Prior to that, I did the footers back when I had the posthole auger for the front porch and the ledger board back when I was doing the siding.

”Winter” and “raining every damned day, all summer” hasn’t helped.

31 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Going on almost a year with the actual construction. - started last fall. Prior to that, I did the footers back when I had the posthole auger for the front porch and the ledger board back when I was doing the siding.

Did you ever finish the siding?

3 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Did you ever finish the siding?

Yup. Last July*.  Then I embarked on this project. Once I get the last sections of railings on (which will involve the order/purchase of an extra hardware kit ?) I’m done with it for the time being. I need to decide what I want to do off the front, so can’t do any more than that. Next up is replacing the deck off the front of the house. After I replaced the smaller front porch with composite decking and railing (same as the back), the other deck on the front looks like shit, next to it. The plan was to do the back first, move the grill out there, then do the front.

....and so on.

* except for the recessed area where the front deck is. I’m doing that with pseudo-stone and can’t do it until I replace the front deck.

1 hour ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Yup. Last July*.  Then I embarked on this project. Once I get the last sections of railings on (which will involve the order/purchase of an extra hardware kit ?) I’m done with it for the time being. I need to decide what I want to do off the front, so can’t do any more than that. Next up is replacing the deck off the front of the house. After I replaced the smaller front porch with composite decking and railing (same as the back), the other deck on the front looks like shit, next to it. The plan was to do the back first, move the grill out there, then do the front.

....and so on.

* except for the recessed area where the front deck is. I’m doing that with pseudo-stone and can’t do it until I replace the front deck.

Sounds easier to just move

• Awesome 1

13 hours ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

You need to build a roof over your deck, then you can still work on your deck in the rain. 

IMG_1454.JPG