The 80's... ***Now live***

Randomguy

5 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I bet a band like The Fixx (whom I like) thought life was good when that song came out.  They were a big hit.  Now 30+ years later when they play it, they probably want to kill themselves.

They probably often do.  

I think the trajectory is to first have the big hit, or even a couple of them, then become irrelevant, fade into obscurity, get bitter, stage a comeback playing that hit, hate it, stop for a while, then start to appreciate it again.  I think the stages are "Yeah, big hit!"  "I am tired of playing this every damn night."  "I am never playing that again."  "At least I have that one song people will still pay to hear."

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I think the stages are "Yeah, big hit!"  "I am tired of playing this every damn night."  "I am never playing that again."  "At least I have that one song people will still pay to hear."

You're forgetting the "We wrote new stuff but the audiences are so stuck in the past they won't let us play it" stage.

32 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

You're forgetting the "We wrote new stuff but the audiences are so stuck in the past they won't let us play it" stage.

They should write better new stuff, better enough that the have to limit the old stuff.

34 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Cy Curnin? Jamie West-Oram? Adam Woods? Rupert Greenall? Dan K Brown?

Or are you saying he feels like all of them?

Cy, of course.  Isn't Dan Brown an author or something now?