I miss paying for things with checks

AirwickWithCheese

Reordering checks from the bank

Upgrading to personalized checks. Warnings about service charges for returned checks. That pullout writing desk at the grocery store. 

Writing the reason on the bottom left side. Buying just the write pen to really emphasise you were a check writing mogul.

Prescreened no hassle acceptance cards from your favorite stores. 

Those were good days.     :nodhead:

I still write a ton of checks, but only for work.  Have written about 400 year to date.  Makes accounting easier when you have an invoice and a check to match up instead of trying to match auto debits up.  Anything under $500 will pay online, but bigger expenses I prefer to cut a check.

• Heart 1

Don't we all yearn for the days at the grocery store where the customer waits until ALL her items are rung up and then rummages through a handbag the size of a small suitcase to extract the checkbook! The check writing process begins with a pen that doesn't write all that well. After the check has been prepared and recorded in the check register, the sales clerk, requires a drivers license and a second form of identification. Store policy for the acceptance of a "promise to pay" device requires recording the drivers license number and a phone number of the customer in the event the check is returned for non-sufficient funds. What great times were those days.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Don't we all yearn for the days at the grocery store where the customer waits until ALL her items are rung up and then rummages through a handbag the size of a small suitcase to extract the checkbook! The check writing process begins with a pen that doesn't write all that well. After the check has been prepared and recorded in the check register, the sales clerk, requires a drivers license and a second form of identification. Store policy for the acceptance of a "promise to pay" device requires recording the drivers license number and a phone number of the customer in the event the check is returned for non-sufficient funds. What great times were those days.

Someone needs to take a 'chill' pill!:whistle: You should really go pee, before you get into the checkout lane and have to wait on 'old' people. I am a bit amused at the amount of anguish that this topic stirred in your psyche.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Yes. 

At least there were cashiers instead of self checkout. 90% of customers were known by local grocery so there were no long delays. 

Your reply has hurt me.   :(

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I don't miss checks.  Not at all. Not one bit.

You disgust me. :angry:

I was inclined to write you a nice check for fathering my goddaughter. It probably would have bounced but it's mute now because you intentionally were mean to me.   :(

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I was inclined to write you a nice check for fathering my goddaughter. It probably would have bounced but it's mute now because you intentionally were mean to me.   :(

I don't like self-check out, either.  Might as well be parodybot ringing me up.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

What amount will you be writing that check for?

I could never be mean to RO's godfather!

• Awesome 1

Check writing will be a lost art in 15 years.  I hired dozens of folks under 25 each month with my last job and very few have checks.  We need their bank info for Direct Deposit and the old convention is to give us a voided check.  Well with no checks they have to get a DD letter from their bank instead.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I still write one check / month for my association fees. Also write two / year for property taxes.

We need more participation from you. I'm thinking of having my new personalized checks include pics of your beautiful girlfriend.    :loveshower:

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

What are Flings?  Why didn't she buy any fruit?

Why would you subtly insult MomCheese like this? Do you not also understand your continued rejection of her son as your flooring contractor says to her, "your son is a loser and I dislike jews with a passion."   :(

3 hours ago, parodybot said:

To be fair, I see something called an "apple pie" in the lower left

You also owe MomCheese an apology. Perhaps not all of us could afford fruit or to roll down the road in our fancy Chrysler Plymouth automobiles burning petrol and running over small dogs like the Great Gatsby.   

12 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

We need more participation from you. I'm thinking of having my new personalized checks include pics of your beautiful girlfriend.    :loveshower:

Why would you subtly insult MomCheese like this? Do you not also understand your continued rejection of her son as your flooring contractor says to her, "your son is a loser and I dislike jews with a passion."   :(

You also owe MomCheese an apology. Perhaps not all of us could afford fruit or to roll down the road in our fancy Chrysler Plymouth automobiles burning petrol and running over small dogs like the Great Gatsby.   

Not gonna happen.  Robots have no empathy.  I will offer her a DingDong and some Tonys Pizza.

• Heart 1