Jack Learned A New Trick....

ChrisL

So Jack has gotten back to the 4:15 AM wake up feed me thing.  He would paw at my side of the bed and I'd tell him "No" and he'd stop. Well that lasted a day or two... Now he gets on the bed, squirms between us and puts his feet on me, his back against my wife and starts pushing us! So I get 4 feet pushing me in the back, wife gets his his back pushing against her back.  He does it rapid fire until we wake up....

It's an effective trick as it wakes us both simultaneously....  The little bastard just can't sleep in....

• Heart 1

How many weeks has it been?

I ask because when we got Yoshi (aka "Yoshi the Big Siamese"), for the first 4-5 weeks, he would crow as if he was a rooster at the break of dawn. "Miaowww.....Miaowww....Miaowww....Miaowww...." in the summer, as the sky got light, 5:00AM.

I was at my wit's end.  I told WoHB I couldn't stand much more of it, and I was going to go insane from sleep deprivation, and he would go back if it didn't stop. Not much longer, and it did.  And since then, I've had this big furry dude that wants to indicate love for me all of the time.  Admittedly, the forehead baths are a bit much, but he rumbles like an idling Harley Softail (so hard to the point where he sneezes sometimes) and butts my head playfully and is just pleasant for no reason at all.

In the end, it was totally worth it for that month, month-and-a-half.  I hope it settles down for you; I'm pretty sure Jack is just so excited to have a real home he just doesn't know how to take it yet.

yoshi01.JPG

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

How many weeks has it been?

I ask because when we got Yoshi (aka "Yoshi the Big Siamese"), for the first 4-5 weeks, he would crow as if he was a rooster at the break of dawn. "Miaowww.....Miaowww....Miaowww....Miaowww...." in the summer, as the sky got light, 5:00AM.

I was at my wit's end.  I told WoHB I couldn't stand much more of it, and I was going to go insane from sleep deprivation, and he would go back if it didn't stop. Not much longer, and it did.  And since then, I've had this big furry dude that wants to indicate love for me all of the time.  Admittedly, the forehead baths are a bit much, but he rumbles like an idling Harley Softail (so hard to the point where he sneezes sometimes) and butts my head playfully and is just pleasant for no reason at all.

In the end, it was totally worth it for that month, month-and-a-half.  I hope it settles down for you; I'm pretty sure Jack is just so excited to have a real home he just doesn't know how to take it yet.

yoshi01.JPG

We've had Jack 2 years now.  My wife gets up at 5 am and most days he gets up with her.  But every once in a while he gets up between 4 and 4:45.  He normally paws at me and I just tell him, "no, go to bed, too early".  He would until he figured out his new trick.