So, 12 years ago NOLA was functionally destroyed by Katrina and now

2Far

Hurricane Harvey Rainfall Poses Danger to Ill-Prepared New Orleans

I mean, hurricane season comes the SAME. TIME. EVERY. YEAR., but " Three of the five power turbines that power the 120 pumps that are supposed to keep the low-lying city from being swamped by rainwater are not working. And 15 of those pumps were offline because of repairs."

SRSLY?

You are right.  This storm is bound to lead to epic finger pointing. Lots of blame to go around. Trump will get much of it (some of it deserved), but I think we'll be hearing about Harvey just as much as we did about Katrina.

BTW, the models - if they come true, are showing a 2nd landfall of Harvey on Tuesday in Galveston, and a powerful Hurricane Irma in Northeast US. Yikes.

7 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

You are right.  This storm is bound to lead to epic finger pointing. Lots of blame to go around. Trump will get much of it (some of it deserved), but I think we'll be hearing about Harvey just as much as we did about Katrina.

BTW, the models - if they come true, are showing a 2nd landfall of Harvey on Tuesday in Galveston, and a powerful Hurricane Irma in Northeast US. Yikes.

Our little project, just outside of CC is all buttoned up:

image.thumb.png.6e085ca1a85f952ecfa26e33834a45ee.png