So, in order to takes Patches the WonderCat outside, Wo2 put a harness on her.

2Far

Amazing how that works, isn't it? The first time we put harnesses on our cats, the cat collapse and become quadriplegics. After a while, they realize it ain't a big deal. Then they get used to being tied out on the ropes. Then they realize the ropes can be used to take them for a walk! Of course the walk takes about 30 minutes but never gets farther than 1 block because they have to stop and look at everything in their new perspective. And of course they are happy, so they have to roll. Ya, takes forever. But they are happy kitties when they get home.

• Heart 1

We've moved on to the Dog Watch Fence system. I feel bad that they have the collars with the electronic box on them, but the cats have free roam of our entire yard and of course the indoors. And the best part is they aren't getting tangled up with the ropes.

We still go for a walk now and again with the harness and rope set up. 

• Heart 1

I have one cat that is not allowed out except on a leash and harness.  He's used to it and happily walks around chewing on plants and grass and sniffing everything.

Years ago I had a very large (lean and muscular large) Siamese who went everywhere with us on a leash and harness.  Back in the day they would even let him travel through stores like Sears, sitting calmly in a shopping cart while people did double takes.  Every evening my wife would return from work in the big city and I, who got home earlier would drive down to the bus stop to pick her up.  Every day the cat would go with me and sit in the car looking at everyone getting off the busses till his "mom" got off.  Then he would stand up and howl as only a large Siamese can.  We took him to a flying contest one weekend and womaxx noticed that he looked very unhappy.  She had to lay out a piece of newspaper for him because he didn't know he could go outside of his litter box.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, smudge said:

We've moved on to the Dog Watch Fence system. I feel bad that they have the collars with the electronic box on them, but the cats have free roam of our entire yard and of course the indoors. And the best part is they aren't getting tangled up with the ropes.

We still go for a walk now and again with the harness and rope set up. 

We had one of those fence system things and the cat absolutely hated it.  The first time I took the cat for a walk I ended up having to get 15 stitches after trying to get him over the fence line.

I explained to the ER doctor what happened and he said "Did you take the collar off the cat first?"

:facepalm: