what I'm doing now

bikeman564™

8 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Day two of southwest chicken salad.  The diced habanero gives it some zing. :)

I made chicken salad out of leftover Cornell chicken, for lunch. I shot some Sriracha in the dressing. 

Noice!

(Then turned round and roasted a chicken for tonight’s dinner.....which means there’s probably going to be chicken salad on the menu AGAIN later on this week. I am the chairman of the Department of Piss Poor Planning).

7 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I read the first nine chapters of a book today. That's not something I usually do lately.

I thought of you when somone was telling me you have to know what you are going to do when you retire, because doing nothing gets old after a month or so.  Inconceivable, I thought. :)

17 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I thought of you when somone was telling me you have to know what you are going to do when you retire, because doing nothing gets old after a month or so.  Inconceivable, I thought. :)

I am having some really cool things happening in my life lately. Working with my non-verbal sixteen year old autism boy is interesting. My wife found a house she wants us to buy to downsize. I told her we could go look at it. I love my house and the grandkids love it.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I am having some really cool things happening in my life lately. Working with my non-verbal sixteen year old autism boy is interesting. My wife found a house she wants us to buy to downsize. I told her we could go look at it. I love my house and the grandkids love it.

Tell her that change is bad. :)

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

A mere $1900 cdn per set.

I can't even imagine paying that for wheels. I guess if you have lots of money it's no big deal and it might be different if I raced and was younger. I have always ran original wheels and the only bike I wore out the hubs was a stuffmart bike and I didn't replace the wheel, I replaced the bike with my first LBS bike.

15 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I can't even imagine paying that for wheels. I guess if you have lots of money it's no big deal and it might be different if I raced and was younger. I have always ran original wheels and the only bike I wore out the hubs was a stuffmart bike and I didn't replace the wheel, I replaced the bike with my first LBS bike.

Here's a link to the store. They have not yet updated the photo, the new generation has straight pull front hubs and the rims are slightly different, but the price is the same.

https://www.racersportif.com/collections/wheel-sets/products/real-speed-carbon-clincher-wheel-set-dt-240-hub?variant=11160629382

5 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Here's a link to the store. They have not yet updated the photo, the new generation has straight pull front hubs and the rims are slightly different, but the price is the same.

https://www.racersportif.com/collections/wheel-sets/products/real-speed-carbon-clincher-wheel-set-dt-240-hub?variant=11160629382

Wow!