Let's do this again, folks

Dirtyhip

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

What style?  

Prefer craftsman, or cottage.  contemporary is cool too.  Not too picky, but...

Here are the constraints:

small lot. 50 ft wide x 90 something.  

We want a large garage and a two bedroom two bath home.  1200 sq ft would be perfect for us.  The master bed and bath on the top floor.  

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Prefer craftsman, or cottage.  contemporary is cool too.  Not too picky, but...

Here are the constraints:

small lot. 50 ft wide x 90 something.  

We want a large garage and a two bedroom two bath home.  1200 sq ft would be perfect for us.  The master bed and bath on the top floor.  

Have you thought about a carriage house?  1200 sq ft garage with a single level home over it. 

7acfa5740f6c9aea593a9800044f3875.jpg

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

That looks interesting.  we would need to enlarge the garage doors. We wish to park an RV in there.

I would add to the left specifically for an RV.  Cheapest way to build as it reduces the horizontal spread. 

https://www.thehouseplanshop.com/carriage-house-plans/house-plans/35/1.php

• Heart 1

I have some friends that have a equestrian business.  They built an indoor riding arena with stables in the west end.  After they were finished with that they finished of the east end that they left open at the time as a 2 story house inside the arena.  Nothing about this was approved and I hope they never have to sell the place.  It's a nice place.  They did a great job building it out, but who wants to live in the same building as the horses. 

• Heart 1

I don't like the big shed looking thing.  Besides, the subdivision has a building committee, and the metal sided stuff will not fly. 

I like this home, but we would extend the garage deeper, and add a carport on the side to house the RV.  Also, I want the entire top floor one bedroom and bath for a master suite.

http://www.builderhouseplans.com/house-plans/bhp/hwbdo56753.html?from=search

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

Subdivision?

Yeah, I'll never do that again.

No HOA.  It is only a CCR that prevents someone from putting a shack next to your new custom home.  There are a lot of neighborhoods that are full of mobile homes.  You have a beautiful river lot and a mobile home sitting in front.

I read the rules.  It's like, no living in RVs in the neighborhood, and your home has to be approved. No other restrictions and no annual dues.  

@Indy, I was very guarded about the CCR thing too.  I was concerned because I may want to use our RV as we build, because we are planning on doing a bunch of the work.  The contractor told me that they are not too strict about people using their trailers.  They just want to prevent the Uncle I the RV out front problem.  HAHA

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

@Indy, I was very guarded about the CCR thing too.  I was concerned because I may want to use our RV as we build, because we are planning on doing a bunch of the work.  The contractor told me that they are not too strict about people using their trailers.  They just want to prevent the Uncle I the RV out front problem.  HAHA

Well then you need to find a new place because I expect 30 amp service and full hook up put in just in case I decide to head west.

Probably should do several hookups in case we get a caravan going.

Just now, Indy said:

Well then you need to find a new place because I expect 30 amp service and full hook up put in just in case I decide to head west.

Probably should do several hookups in case we get a caravan going.

Dude, you WILL be accommodated.  There is no worries there. You know where and why I am going.  The riding opportunities here are on another level.  It is the only reason we picked this place. It has beautiful forests, close proximity to riding, close proximity to large city (a city full of hippies though), reasonably close to an airport, and decent weather.  Drawbacks are extreme poverty, a few ticks, poison oak, small town bickering, lack of grocery availability, and two economies (recreation and drugs).

https://www.monsterhouseplans.com/house-plans/craftsman-style/1480-sq-ft-home-2-story-4-bedroom-2-bath-house-plans-plan10-1399.html

This home could work with some modifications.  It is a little big though.

15 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I like this one.  We could extend the garage deeper and add a carport on the side and use the entire top floor as a master suite. 

http://www.homeplans.com/house-plans/hp/homepw04277.html?from=search

To finalize the sale of the idea, let me mention the availability of space in a 1200 ft garage for the bike maintenance and storage shop.