Tuesday lunch

Parsnip Totin Jack

Haven't eaten it yet but I brined a whole chicken overnight in a herb heavy brine. I cut the back bone out, split the bird and gave it a sear in the cast iron pan. I poured some of the brine back in the pan and cooked in the oven an hour... OMG it was so freaking good.

So I have a leftover breast, some cut veggies and a peach for lunch.

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Haven't eaten it yet but I brined a whole chicken overnight in a herb heavy brine. I cut the back bone out, split the bird and gave it a sear in the cast iron pan. I poured some of the brine back in the pan and cooked in the oven an hour... OMG it was so freaking good.

So I have a leftover breast, some cut veggies and a peach for lunch.

Similar to my method. I brined nine chicken thighs (salt, sugar, black pepper, ground habanero pepper and crushed red pepper) Seared them in cast iron skillets (avocado oil) and finished them in the oven at 425. Not too spicy, I may up the ground habanero next time.

3 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Similar to my method. I brined nine chicken thighs (salt, sugar, black pepper, ground habanero pepper and crushed red pepper) Seared them in cast iron skillets (avocado oil) and finished them in the oven at 425. Not too spicy, I may up the ground habanero next time.

I went with chicken stock, brown sugar, pepper, bay leaves, a crap ton of tarragon and thyme.  I've brined before but never brined, sear & cooked in oven before. I had always done that when bbqing the chicken. 

• Heart 1