One step closer to the USS Enterprisse, NCC-1701

2Far

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Because walking is so hard?  I wonder why so many people are overweight?  I've seen people wait for an elevator and take it down 1 flight.

Oh yeah. How about the people who drive round & round looking for a parking spot closer to the gym?

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Because walking is so hard?  I wonder why so many people are overweight?  I've seen people wait for an elevator and take it down 1 flight.

You must work in a hospital.  One of the most unhealthy work environments I have seen.  Elevators (as mentioned) unhealthy food in the cafeteria and all those germs....... Ewwwwww. 

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

You must work in a hospital.  One of the most unhealthy work environments I have seen.  Elevators (as mentioned) unhealthy food in the cafeteria and all those germs....... Ewwwwww. 

Yup.  It's crazy.  Our tallest buildings are 16 floors.  We have meetings up there at least once a week.  I always take the stairs.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Yup.  It's crazy.  Our tallest buildings are 16 floors.  We have meetings up there at least once a week.  I always take the stairs.

My office is on the 3rd floor.  I use the elevator maybe twice a year but only because I'm carrying a arm load of heavy stuff.  16 is a serious climb.

Now about those germs.......

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Ed Zachary. Which is another reason all but the most invasive procedures are done on the out-patient basis.

1974, I had medium-grade knee surgery, in the hospital 5 days. 2015, I had the hip replaced, in the hospital 10 hours.

I suspect that's due more to past and current reimbursement policies, as well as past and current technical abilities.

There are places that are now doing a joint replacement as an outpatient procedure.

It's good for us, we make more money.

It's good for the patient, the less time you spend in a hospital, the less opportunity for infection or wrong medication.

32 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I worked in a 3 story building (we were on the 3rd floor) and it was quicker to take the stairs than wait for the elevator.  Unless I was schlepping something heavy I always took the stairs.

16 floors tho.... I'd take the elevator!