A Houston Story

Airehead

Nancy, my cousin in Montgomery, has been sleeping in the barn.  They have had much rain but so far she only has a little water in the barn.  She doubled up a couple horses in drier stalls and is working to channel water away.  She feels very lucky and blessed.  She is offering space to others in worse condition and was able to help move some horses to safer locations.  She is a strong, confident woman but I still worry.

• Heart 4

I cannot begin to fathom what all the people in SE Texas and NE Louisiana have been through in the last five days are going through right now.  People have brought boats from as far away as New York to help.

Singapore keeps helicopters in Grand Prairie, Texas so that they can send troops here to train. They offered the use of their helicopters to help in the rescue.

Truly a global effort.

I fear things will get worse before they get better.

Last count I heard attributed 18 confirmed deaths to Harvey so far.  This number will climb rapidly in the next few days as the water begins to recede and many of those reported missing are confirmed dead, including a family of six who was swept away in their van. 

Our Director of Marketing's father lives in Bridge City, Texas near Beaumont.  He had water close to his house yesterday AM.  Have not heard from him today.  

Gas prices are going to go up at least .25 in the days to come.  Stations are already running out of gas in some areas.

dave flood.jpg

32 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will go live with Nancy. 

That would be nice.  Nancy's husband John is a great guy.  Michelle the daughter needs all the help she can get.  Despite having renters insurance, she has lost everything including her car.  She can't even get back to town but Department of Homeland Security, where she works is likely to be helpful with getting her temp housing so she can work.  There is a Go Fund Me page for her set up by some friends. 

Just now, AirwickWithCheese said:

I will go live with Michelle.    :nodhead:

That would be great.  Even if her apartment is saved, she will need all new floors.  Bailey and Lexi are fabulous Airedales and her cat looks like a wild cat.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

That would be great.  Even if her apartment is saved, she will need all new floors.  Bailey and Lexi are fabulous Airedales and her cat looks like a wild cat.

That's a handsome cat.   :nodhead:

This could finally be my ticket to an airedale.   :slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 2