Do you have any trophies in your house?

AirwickWithCheese

No pics.  I have one for winning a model car contest when I was 13.  I have another one for an undefeated soccer season in high school.  I have another much larger for winning a large east coast bracket drag racing showdown at York PA.  Each of these seemed important to me at the time.  Otherwise, no trophies,  just checks.

I have a district tournament MVP softball trophy from many years ago.  My daughters have a bunch of trophies from their equestrian days in our basement including a bunch of county Grand Championship trophies and several 4-H state championship trophies.

My son was funny, he found a bunch of Hare Scramble trophies in a box and looked at them.  He said: " Dad, why do you keep all these? Most of them are second place.  That is just the first place loser." I was proud of my second place trophies, I was racing against over two hundred motorcycles and took second. He didn't see it that way.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

No pics.  I have one for winning a model car contest when I was 13.  I have another one for an undefeated soccer season in high school.  I have another much larger for winning a large east coast bracket drag racing showdown at York PA.  Each of these seemed important to me at the time.  Otherwise, no trophies,  just checks.

You may no longer participate in this thread. 

2 hours ago, Chris... said:

I have a participation medal for a triathlon. Also some blue ribbons from the county fair photography contests 

Pics

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Just my wife.

Oh, I had a bunch of motorcycle trophies from Hare Scrambles in the seventies. They might be out in the garage somewhere.

Pics of your wife and the trophies

1 hour ago, Old#7 said:

Little league championships, an 0 - 6 season in football, some from Tae Kwon Do comps and three ribbons from homebrewing comps. I tossed them all at some point. No need for trophies on a shelf.

Pics

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

I tossed them all before the last move. 

You are a horrible person

46 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Nope.  :(

You are our living trophy, Kirby.    :slow-dance-smiley:

47 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I might be able to dig up a MS TRAM or 150 participation medal....otherwise...NO

Dig, pics

37 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I have a district tournament MVP softball trophy from many years ago.  My daughters have a bunch of trophies from their equestrian days in our basement including a bunch of county Grand Championship trophies and several 4-H state championship trophies.

Pics you grumpy bastard

36 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

A bunch of few kart racing ones still in my parents house.

Pics as soon as you can, Sir.   :nodhead:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

What the he'll is wrong with my neck!?!?!  I look grossly deformed....

You can do no wrong with us. The Cafe will be mostly empty for the next month. You may have to serve yourself but there will be plenty of milk and honey. Please help yourself.    

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

You people were disobedient and did not listen. Pics were not optional.    :angry:

You shall not enter the Cafe for 40 days and 40 nights.    

This is all I can offer.

59a7c9f6032c9_2017-08-3109_29_01.thumb.jpg.d8e8128e129a1a1f3e99d650546fd878.jpg

Did four of these in a row back when I was still a sprightly fifty-something year old

http://www.wicklow200.ie/

• Heart 2

6 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

@Wilbur, this could be my last morning at the Cafe for quite awhile.   :(

I think I annoyed Road Runner last night. You know it was unintentional, please intercede on my behalf?    

Just settle down. @Road Runner is your master and you shall treat him accordingly. :)  

• Sad 1

first pic is Enduro medals, you fools know the dirty deets.

the second pic is the various medals I won for first place wins.

There are a bunch of t shirts and other winners prizes. These are the coolest hardware items I own.  I would love to win another Enduro series, but I dream. 

20170831_072939.jpg

20170831_073218.jpg

• Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Those neck medallions are all fine, but don't we have any real trophy winners here? 

In 2004, my 93 year old neighbor Otis Dill gave me some of his trophies he won with his beagles. 

I did not cherish or keep those. I regret that now.     :(

OK, so now you go on to degrade the prizes that we won, because they don't meet your criteria?  I told you they were neck hangings.  Did you listen?  Nah.  You told me to post them anyway.  

You are not the best person to enter into a deal with.

• Whatever 1
  • Awesome 1