Cycle Oregon 2017 cancelled due to fires

sheep_herder

Another month to go until the Fall rains start in (+/-) Every day is different in regards to smoke. Today sounded better in Bend (as reported by WoScrapr) Very glad we got an electronic air filter put in about a month ago. Ash was dropping most of the week in Bend. we were sitting (and drinking) Monday at the fire pit outside and white pieces of stuff were dropping on the fire table. 

I was out at Paulina lake this weekend w/my little brother. Next day there was a fire there. And 2 more along our route. And 2 more on the highway to Salem/Portland. Closing the highway for a time. Now flagging traffic through.

Couple areas on Evac alerts. And lots of folks staying away from  campgrounds on what would typically be a big weekend

15 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Another month to go until the Fall rains start in (+/-) Every day is different in regards to smoke. Today sounded better in Bend (as reported by WoScrapr) Very glad we got an electronic air filter put in about a month ago. Ash was dropping most of the week in Bend. we were sitting (and drinking) Monday at the fire pit outside and white pieces of stuff were dropping on the fire table. 

I was out at Paulina lake this weekend w/my little brother. Next day there was a fire there. And 2 more along our route. And 2 more on the highway to Salem/Portland. Closing the highway for a time. Now flagging traffic through.

Couple areas on Evac alerts. And lots of folks staying away from  campgrounds on what would typically be a big weekend

We are heading back into the thick of it. We have biz to attend to in Oaktown. Might go to Bend afterwards, and crash in on you. 

on the road now, in hopes of adventure but bummed on all this. it smells thick in the air tonight.

8 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

We are heading back into the thick of it. We have biz to attend to in Oaktown. Might go to Bend afterwards, and crash in on you. 

on the road now, in hopes of adventure but bummed on all this. it smells thick in the air tonight.

Cool/ I'll alert the dogs!