Off the shelf?

Randomguy

Is it possible to look ok in an off-the-shelf suit?

I have older interview clothing, and might have to swallow the hit and charge more modern interview clothes while things are 40% off at some middling retailer where their suits are off the shelf.  I don't have room on the cc for fancy clothing (or any clothing), you see.

How would you dress cheaply and not look cheap at interviews?

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A same size off the rack friends wardrobe? 

Hmm, I don't know anyone with the same manly dimensions I have.

This is a particular area where nuance is everything.  Look too hip, then you are not serious.  Too stylish, and you are clown-like.  Look too stodgy, then you are old and boring.  I am finding out more and more that age discrimination is a thing I have to consider more carefully, being over 50 and all.

Just now, Randomguy said:

Hmm, I don't know anyone with the same manly dimensions I have.

This is a particular area where nuance is everything.  Look too hip, then you are not serious.  Too stylish, and you are clown-like.  Look too stodgy, then you are old and boring.  I am finding out more and more that age discrimination is a thing I have to consider more carefully, being over 50 and all.

It is. Trust me.  Go buy a bottle of that grecian formula shampoo.  The crap that covers some of the grey.  Then buy an off the rack midline suit.  Not to skinny in the legs but straight, not comfort fit. 

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It is. Trust me.  Go buy a bottle of that grecian formula shampoo.  The crap that covers some of the grey.  Then buy an off the rack midline suit.  Not to skinny in the legs but straight, not comfort fit. 

I am growing hair again, too, thanks partially to those stupid racists in Charlottesville, and partially to look more "normalized" when interviewing.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:51 PM, Longjohn said:

You might try something along this line. Only about $25

944ed119-4afb-46f9-a45a-a0afbed0b244_1.3

Ah the ubiquitous Tennessee fan. Wears orange on Saturday during the game, wears orange on Sunday while hunting, and wears orange Mon - Fri while working for the DoC picking up trash along the interstate.

• Heart 2

32 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Ah the ubiquitous Tennessee fan. Wears orange on Saturday during the game, wears orange on Sunday while hunting, and wears orange Mon - Fri while working for the DoC picking up trash along the interstate.

OK, that right there is funny.