Happy Labor Day Peeps...

petitepedal

It is dark in the mornings now :( as much as I love fall...I hate the dark mornings...I am more apt to get moving in the AM when the sun is already up and waiting for me...

Oh and in case you missed it:  http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/09/04/547580952/get-off-the-couch-baby-boomers-or-you-may-not-be-able-to-later

Move it folks..... Funny on Saturday I was saying to my self...too much time on the couch...making plans to move more!!!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Don't you need sun for that tea?

Not really, it just speeds things along - and we’ll have some sun later. As dark as the tea is right now, is just from putting the teabags in and setting it out there this morning - about an hour, so far.

Stash Double Bergamot - 3 bags

14 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Move it folks..... Funny on Saturday I was saying to my self...too much time on the couch...making plans to move more!!!

I read the article. It was inconclusive in my case. I don't watch tv or sit on the couch but I do spend a lot of hours sitting on a bicycle seat or a kayak seat. 

• Awesome 1

27 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

It is dark in the mornings now :( as much as I love fall...I hate the dark mornings...I am more apt to get moving in the AM when the sun is already up and waiting for me...

Oh and in case you missed it:  http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2017/09/04/547580952/get-off-the-couch-baby-boomers-or-you-may-not-be-able-to-later

Good article, petite!  I'm still hitting the patio lounge chair for a little while though, it is so nice out!  But I will also take Ruby for a good walk and get a decent ride in.

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I do spend a lot of hours sitting on a bicycle seat or a kayak seat. 

One of the stupid “guilt circles” on my watch is “stand” - you’re supposed to stand for at least one minute, every hour, for at least twelve hours. (It’s for people who work desk jobs). Fortunately, it takes biking into account because there have been times where I’ve been on the bike for three or four hours and thinking “If I don’t get ‘stand credit’ for this.....:angry:“  :D

13 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Anyone grilling today?

Yeah, bacon/mushroom/Swiss burgers later on. Sort of a “clean out the fridge before we go” thing. I took burger out of the freezer to make Pastitso, but that makes quite a bit, and we’re not going to be here for four days...and I bought mushrooms to put on the pizza last night, and forgot them....

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Dry for the AM at least...but chance of rain by 3 or so...

Anyone grilling today?

I'm grilling chicken and corn. My four granddaughters and twin grandsons will be here. The sun is shining and it's a beautiful day. The water in the pool is in the sixties but my granddaughters don't care. There will be lots of running back and forth from pool to hot tub. WOLJ is making mac and cheese, a favorite of the granddaughters.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

42 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Dry for the AM at least...but chance of rain by 3 or so...

Anyone grilling today?

Not me, I grilled yesterday. Was invited to a friend's house to watch the VA Tech-WV football game. I brought smoked brisket, roasted Brussels Sprouts with bacon and Chevre cheese. We tried a bottle of Barrelhouse Cabernet, A very good red wine aged in bourbon barrels for three months.

IMG_2607.JPG

IMG_2609.JPG

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Last morning of the State Fair. Mixed feelings. There are some wonderful people I only get to spend time with during the fair. On the other hand, I'm looking forward to sleeping in some day...

WoW and I are meeting another couple to ride on the Dark Island Trail then come eat some fair food and drink some beer! 

I REALLY don't want to make this political, but as I was unloading my bike this morning, I heard an announcer at the horse show thanking our troops for making this day possible. As much as I respect those who have served, a little credit to the labor/union organizers who helped us get 5 day 40 hour work weeks and holidays would have been good. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Had a great Labor Day.  I rode Sat and Sunday so decided to take it easy today. Slept until 7 AM which is odd as Jack didn't wake me up at 4:30.  Had my coffee and watched Black Mass which I enjoyed.  Did some furniture shopping/well looking and went to a couple of bike shops and drooled over bikes I can't have.... Went for.a long walk on the bluffs by the ocean and made Chicken Satay and Dutch Huzarensalade (look it up) which takes a lot of prep but tastes amazing and is a family fave.  Had a glass of wine with dinner and am chillin before I talk Jack out for a walk.

Just now, Longjohn said:

You guys in maintenance suck up all the big money working on stuff while it's not being used. It makes sense but I wouldn't want to do it.

It kinda sucked seeing the beautiful day outside.

Kept telling myself 'at least I have max SPF from this rusty tin roof'

• Heart 1